Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MSPeeler is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's stressing you?

Housework always stresses me... because it's NEVER finished.... ever. And I despise it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I was going to say, don't have a child anytime soon. They suck up so much time, but really they are worth every second of it. I just don't know how to manage having another one. The cost of child care sucks and not working is not an option for me.
    I mean, I could have a child with the time concern because I would just drop scrapping and start forcing the boyfriend to HELP (lol), but I'd HAVE to continue to work. If I stayed home, I wouldn't have to pay for child care, but the student loan companies do not give a crud if I have a kid. They want their money and being a SAHM isn't an option when I have $30k in student loan debt.

I guess I could just say I was unemployed and defer the payments, but the interest still racks up and I just don't want that hanging over my head.

I don't know what I'll do if I ever get married and decide to have a child. The thought of it is stressing me out MORE!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the better question for me today is, "What's NOT stressing me?"

It's a crazy two weeks. I've got 3 parties to plan & make goodies for, a camping trip, a scrapbook to finish, my sister is having a baby, two graduations to attend, a painting project that really needs to be finished up, and DH is starting physical therapy and will need a ride to and fro. Add all that to the normal laundry, dishes, kids' activities, etc., and I'm ready to go on a nice long vacation!

4. Thanks Sniksnak thanked for this post
    sladd79054 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

We have in home behavior counseling starting today for my youngest son who has apraxia of speech. Plus getting him to all of his other appts. and I am planning a birthday party for him and we are inviting his class to our house but hopefully the sun will shine so it can be outside. It is also time for my son's yearly medical review for his secondary medical insurance and if we lose that then he won't be able to get any extra care because our primary doesn't cover anything to do with occupational therapy, speech therapy or anything. This in home counseling is going to take up 10 hours a week for probably 6 months which is a lot of time on top of everything else. Plus my oldest just started baseball which is games on Saturdays and practice twice a week and Alex starts tball on Saturday which means he has games on Saturdays as well as practice one night a week.

So I have a huge headache that isn't going to go away anytime soon.

missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, honey, where do I start???

For the first time in 24 years, my husband hates his job! Yes the new job in TN. He hates his job SO much that DAILY I never know if he will come home to tell me he turned in his notice! I will support 100% whatever he decides and KNOW he will make the best choice for us, but talk about scarry!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those student loans will follow you everywhere. I'm 34 and still owe 20K. I pay $350 every month. It's so depressing!! My husband always says to me..."how much did you borrow again?". I could make more time for myself if I stopped scrapping, but then I'd be really depressed because scrapping gives me a little bit of time to do something that I really like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I mean, I could have a child with the time concern because I would just drop scrapping and start forcing the boyfriend to HELP (lol), but I'd HAVE to continue to work. If I stayed home, I wouldn't have to pay for child care, but the student loan companies do not give a crud if I have a kid. They want their money and being a SAHM isn't an option when I have $30k in student loan debt.

I guess I could just say I was unemployed and defer the payments, but the interest still racks up and I just don't want that hanging over my head.

I don't know what I'll do if I ever get married and decide to have a child. The thought of it is stressing me out MORE!

8. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Work is stressing me! I only had 1001 things to do this morning when I got there. I threatened to lock my office door so I can get it done. I got the worst part of it done now and finally can breathe! LOL I hate the later parts of the month with the duties I have. Too many deadlines!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was trying not to stress so much anymore but last night as I went upstairs to go to bed, I turned on the light in my bedroom and on the wall was a huge bug, a water bug! I almost fainted. I detest bugs, any bugs but when its a large bug in your room that was not there an hour ago, it makes you wonder where the hell it was hiding! So now I feel like I have to check every nook and cranny for bugs because I cannot live with them inside my house!! Oh gosh, I was almost crying about it. I have no idea how I would kill one if I was alone..I couldn't do it!

And now I am stressed about taking my son for his annual check up - trying to get him to get some speech therapy and deciding whether to give him more vaccinations.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! I'd freak out about the bug too.

It seems a few of us have children with speech therapy needs.

I'm trying to get my son speech therapy too. He had an autism eval done back in January and he did not fall on the spectrum at all according to the evaluator, but she suggested speech therapy. I had been trying to get speech therapy for him for 2 years and now I finally get someone to say she thinks it would be good for him and my insurance may not cover it at all. It will be bad enough if they do cover it because I will still need to pay $40 per session, but if he had therapy when I originally requested it, it would have been covered 100%. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by lauramarie View Post
    Well I was trying not to stress so much anymore but last night as I went upstairs to go to bed, I turned on the light in my bedroom and on the wall was a huge bug, a water bug! I almost fainted. I detest bugs, any bugs but when its a large bug in your room that was not there an hour ago, it makes you wonder where the hell it was hiding! So now I feel like I have to check every nook and cranny for bugs because I cannot live with them inside my house!! Oh gosh, I was almost crying about it. I have no idea how I would kill one if I was alone..I couldn't do it!

And now I am stressed about taking my son for his annual check up - trying to get him to get some speech therapy and deciding whether to give him more vaccinations.

Post Thanks / Like

His speech is getting better but some of the words he cannot pronounce. I am not sure what the issue is but my thought is if I can get him help in that area so its not an issue when he starts school, I should. The kids area already saying things to him when we go to his karate class and the playground. It breaks my heart to hear them say " I don't understand what he is saying" or they tell him he is not talking right. I understand him 100% but to others, its more like 70%.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast