Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's stressing you?

I figured I'd start this thread to get a little stress off of my shoulders and hopefully your shoulders too. I know when I'm stressed I feel better just talking about it.

We (my husband and I) are currently trying to get approval for a mortgage. The problem is that our house in KY was sold as a short sale and that's making getting an approval much harder than expected. We put our house up for sale October 2008 and it didn't sell until February 2011. We struggled a lot during that time and had to make some hard decisions, but we were thankful when it finally sold. We've been back in CT since May 2009 and have been living in an apartment, but with Gabe starting Kindergarten in the fall we want get settled into a house as soon as we can.

What's stressing you?

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's stressing you?

ah our "new" car we just got last spring is a POS! and he took a small 401k loan for it, so long story short he cant sell it for what we owe and we cant get another loan unless we pay that first. so if it totally takes a crap on us we're down to one car again and its the gas guzzlin truck and then im stuck at home when he's at work

but really my stess right now lol is getting everything done for NSD LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I overstress all the time about little things, I've got nothing going on compared to what you have. ;)

Mostly end of the school year stressors for me. I am active in scouting, we have graduation in mid may and then a big weekend camping trip with the Wolf Den. I'm a PTA member/fundraising co-chair and we've got a big Walkathon Fundraiser coming up that I hope goes smoothly, then end of school picnic that actually our Cub Scout pack does the food for but our PTA sponsors. Trying to find volunteers for those kinds of things is always like pulling teeth. lol.

Hubby is really stressing, he only has about 10 more days of his teaching left for this school year (first year college instructor) and this last quarter has had him working for 12 hours non stop a day basically with no break, so his sanity level is just not there and that makes it tough at home since he is exhausted and crabby.

Post Thanks / Like

actually the only direct stress I am dreading is going on a field trip with 32 preschoolers at the end of May to Como Zoo in the cities, about 1.5 hours one way or more depending on traffic. Being in a school bus for that long really scares me as I get car sick. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

That is a crappy situation to be in. I always hesitate to buy used because I feel like there is a big chance of being scammed. I hope you guys can keep it running for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    ah our "new" car we just got last spring is a POS! and he took a small 401k loan for it, so long story short he cant sell it for what we owe and we cant get another loan unless we pay that first. so if it totally takes a crap on us we're down to one car again and its the gas guzzlin truck and then im stuck at home when he's at work

but really my stess right now lol is getting everything done for NSD LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stressing in general because I just feel like there's never enough hours in the day to get everything I need to do done.

Between working full-time, family obligations, doing all the grocery shopping/cooking/cleaning, then my scrap duties, it just seems like the days are flying by--and that stresses me out.

I'm starting to go to bed after midnight now just to get everything done, then i wake up before 7 for work and I'm exhausted all day. I miss my time to just watch a movie or play video games or just do nothing.

Example: Sunday night went to bed at 1230am, work up Monday 650am, at work by 745am, work til 430pm, stop by grocery store, home at 610pm, out the door to do laundry at 630pm, back home at 830pm, family comes over for help with something--leaves at 915pm, start dinner at 9pm, finish at 945pm, serve dinner to the boyfriend, jump in shower, sitting down to dinner at 1030pm, done eating and starting ad team/qa team/scrap challenge stuff by 11pm, back in bed at midnight.

PHEW.

AND I still need to find time to start working out again--but where will that fit?!

I'm really glad I don't have any kids; I'd lose my damn mind if I had to do everything I do then add a child in the mix. Just reliving my Monday has me stressed out again!

Post Thanks / Like

I've recently applied for two promotion positions at work so I'm waiting to hear if I will be allowed to try for one or both. And if I get the chance that means tests (easy peasy) and interviews (ewww!) and more hours (yay, money $, but boo, more hours)

Post Thanks / Like

I stress about so much...and it's a lot little things. Another major stress that's not so little right now it WORK! My department will eventually be going away and now my boss' boss wants updated resumes. Uh...it's not updated. I've been doing this job for 11 years and I feel like I have no skills.

Quote Originally Posted by MnMommy2 View Post
    I overstress all the time about little things, I've got nothing going on compared to what you have. ;)

Mostly end of the school year stressors for me. I am active in scouting, we have graduation in mid may and then a big weekend camping trip with the Wolf Den. I'm a PTA member/fundraising co-chair and we've got a big Walkathon Fundraiser coming up that I hope goes smoothly, then end of school picnic that actually our Cub Scout pack does the food for but our PTA sponsors. Trying to find volunteers for those kinds of things is always like pulling teeth. lol.

Hubby is really stressing, he only has about 10 more days of his teaching left for this school year (first year college instructor) and this last quarter has had him working for 12 hours non stop a day basically with no break, so his sanity level is just not there and that makes it tough at home since he is exhausted and crabby.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I've recently applied for two promotion positions at work so I'm waiting to hear if I will be allowed to try for one or both. And if I get the chance that means tests (easy peasy) and interviews (ewww!) and more hours (yay, money $, but boo, more hours)

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say, don't have a child anytime soon. They suck up so much time, but really they are worth every second of it. I just don't know how to manage having another one. The cost of child care sucks and not working is not an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I'm stressing in general because I just feel like there's never enough hours in the day to get everything I need to do done.

Between working full-time, family obligations, doing all the grocery shopping/cooking/cleaning, then my scrap duties, it just seems like the days are flying by--and that stresses me out.

I'm starting to go to bed after midnight now just to get everything done, then i wake up before 7 for work and I'm exhausted all day. I miss my time to just watch a movie or play video games or just do nothing.

Example: Sunday night went to bed at 1230am, work up Monday 650am, at work by 745am, work til 430pm, stop by grocery store, home at 610pm, out the door to do laundry at 630pm, back home at 830pm, family comes over for help with something--leaves at 915pm, start dinner at 9pm, finish at 945pm, serve dinner to the boyfriend, jump in shower, sitting down to dinner at 1030pm, done eating and starting ad team/qa team/scrap challenge stuff by 11pm, back in bed at midnight.

PHEW.

AND I still need to find time to start working out again--but where will that fit?!

I'm really glad I don't have any kids; I'd lose my damn mind if I had to do everything I do then add a child in the mix. Just reliving my Monday has me stressed out again!

11. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast