Thread: WHY???

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default WHY???

Why do people put things on their Facebook that they either

A) don't want made public- such as a simple statement that makes people question what's going on and then refuse to tell you.

B) or ask for opinions they really don't want?? Such as this morning my daughter asked, "Has anyone ever had the energy drink cocaine? I'm curious about it." of course some of her friends replied and she stated, "It has about nine times the caffeine of mountain dew" and when I posted my opinion about how dangerous they are she deleted it and texted a nasty text to me.

DRIVES me nuts!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WHY???

I think Rachel was just complaining that she's tired.
    I don't approve of the deleting of the comment or the nasty text, but knowing Rachel, I seriously doubt she'd do it (and I'm hoping it's Rachel that did it, and not the daughter a year younger than me, because that's just immature ;))

*GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, not Rachel, it was the eldest daughter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    Nope, not Rachel, it was the eldest daughter.
    I totally forehead slapped.
    I will admit that I have been so tired that I have considered the 5-Hour stuff, but not going to do it (weird heartbeat sometimes, so yeah, results could be dangerous), but wow. If I don't like a comment, I just ignore it. Or I grumble about it and move on.

I will admit to deleting some comments, but they've been truly nasty, like ones bad-mouthing my parenting and stuff, but that's on another social network and those people have thus been banned ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand when people use Facebook as their personal diary! It's not to air your dirty laundry. It's meant to be social. I don't need to know every detail of your life. I also don't like when people say good morning and good night to Facebook. I don't get it. I see it, I ignore, but it still bugs me.

*GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

I am guilty of the occassional good night, BUT that is because my older kids tend to call late at night and that is to let them know i am heading to bed earlier than normal!!

7. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I can't stand when people use Facebook as their personal diary! It's not to air your dirty laundry. It's meant to be social. I don't need to know every detail of your life. I also don't like when people say good morning and good night to Facebook. I don't get it. I see it, I ignore, but it still bugs me.
    I do that sometimes ... usually when I'm waking up WAY too early, or really late, and it's more of a "Um, is it really morning?" kind of thing.

I also update a lot :O BUT ... I'm a talker. My husband can verify I update FB/social media as often as I talk,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    I am guilty of the occassional good night, BUT that is because my older kids tend to call late at night and that is to let them know i am heading to bed earlier than normal!!
    I do that sometimes for that reason, so I don't get Messenger updates. I have them go to the phone, and that's a rude awakening sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

It's for this reason I took a 6 month break from FB. When I started a new account, I decided to use it very sparingly. I feel I have a much better handle on it now. I was posting a lot and getting my feelings hurt. Now I rarely post and when I do, it's for a specific person,not a status update.

Post Thanks / Like

Facebook is a tool for the outreach of extreme narcissism and is far more trouble than it's worth.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast