Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 35mm Film (Negatives) to Digital

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I wish you gals lived closer to me. I have the Canon CanoScan 8600SF - probably the model before the one you linked to Lisa and it has the negative adapter, but I've actually never used that.
    Does it have a 35mm negative adaptor or the APS adaptor?? If it had the APS I would be willing to send them to you and pay you! ;) Just a thought!!

2. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Colleen! It says that it scans into a 14 mega pixel image, so actually that is way higher than my camera right now. I have like 3 or 4 paper boxes (you know- the ones that 10 reams come in) full of pictures and negatives, so this is something that I need! Almost all of my 1st daughter's special pics are 35 mm.

Post Thanks / Like

I used one that was maybe $70 that my dad bought to scan my granparents pictures and it really wasn't the greatest. But I bought one to scan my husbands grandfathers slides - and a box for is fathers from 1950's and it ran about $150 and it was great. If you spend a little more, you will get your money out of it.

Some of the pics I scanned were amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gina! When was it that you purchased the negative scanners? Prices seem to go down quickly with electronics. And $100 is almost in the middle of the two that you bought. ;)

I think I am going to give the one at Costco a try. If it has poor quality, I am just going to return it!
    Last edited by Colleen; 04-23-2012 at 03:13 PM.

6. Likes photom, trina513, kimmyscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The one I purchased was in 2010. It's made by Wolverine and had the negative & slide holders. I liked it better than the one my dad found because I didnt have to hook this one directly to the computer if I didn't want to & it had a screen to see the photo when it saved and came with a SD Card! I found mine at compusa.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently had the slides my parents took of our family when I was a child scanned to digital by Costco. I chose them because they have the ability to do it on site (at least my location did). I was so worried about sending them off since they technically don't belong to me. Costco did a great job. I wasn't happy with some of the files because they have an auto correct feature that attempted to fix problems as the slides were scanned ... Exposure corrections, red eye, etc. I pulled the ones I didn't like and they rescanned them for me with the autocorrect turned off and didn't charge me for the rescans. I was very happy with how they turned out. They occasionally run a special on these types of services so you might want to watch for it and give them a shot. I'm sure there are differences between locations though ... I just thought I'd share my experience!

9. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The one that I am planning on buying at Costco is a Wolverine brand. It's linked in my first post. ;) I wonder if it's the same on you have then.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappydoo82 View Post
    The one I purchased was in 2010. It's made by Wolverine and had the negative & slide holders. I liked it better than the one my dad found because I didnt have to hook this one directly to the computer if I didn't want to & it had a screen to see the photo when it saved and came with a SD Card! I found mine at compusa.

11. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Lisa. Do you remember what the charge was for this service? I tried looking for it online at Costco, but I couldn't find any pricing... ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkysgirl View Post
    I recently had the slides my parents took of our family when I was a child scanned to digital by Costco. I chose them because they have the ability to do it on site (at least my location did). I was so worried about sending them off since they technically don't belong to me. Costco did a great job. I wasn't happy with some of the files because they have an auto correct feature that attempted to fix problems as the slides were scanned ... Exposure corrections, red eye, etc. I pulled the ones I didn't like and they rescanned them for me with the autocorrect turned off and didn't charge me for the rescans. I was very happy with how they turned out. They occasionally run a special on these types of services so you might want to watch for it and give them a shot. I'm sure there are differences between locations though ... I just thought I'd share my experience!

13. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Colleen, when are you thinking of picking up this? I have a tax rebate that is coming (and already budgeted out), but I might splurge and get one of these if you give the thumbs up! I normally don't walk the "electronics" section at Costco, so do you know if this is something that they have on location?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even see the link when I first read that lol. It's the same brand but looks like it's somewhat different.

This is the one i have http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Digi...5209517&sr=8-1

Honestly it's such a cheaper route than having someone scan tons of boxes of negatives or slides. I had about 15 boxes to scan... it would of cost a pretty penny to have a company do it. I would say about $.50 per frame. It's time consuming but was worth watching his grandfathers face light up looking back at all those photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    The one that I am planning on buying at Costco is a Wolverine brand. It's linked in my first post. ;) I wonder if it's the same on you have then.

16. Likes photom liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast