Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Idea?

I'm late in getting this posted, but ... tomrrow AM I have an appointment to get a tattoo on the top of my foot (going with my childhood BFF ...) I'm torn at what to get.

I do not want anything big (I have a butterly on my right anke, a flower on my left ankle and a heart and swirly on my left wrist - none of them are too big... the one on my wrist is larger than I'd hoped ... but i'm off the subject ... sorry!).

I've thought about 3 small (colorful) stars ... thought about the word "believe" in cursive ... though about a sun/moon thing ... but I would love something "unique" but can't think of anything ...

I'm open for suggestions ... please!?

2. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Idea?

Hmm....looks like no one knows what to tell you!! Is there a word or symbol that has special meaning to you??

Post Thanks / Like

LOL - not a popular subject, huh?
    I have been looking at crosses though ... that's a symbol I would be proud to wear ... I just started looking at them on the internet ... I was thinking (hoping) someone would have some really unique ideas ... lol

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

My next tat will be a diabetes awareness ribbon on my ankle. And of I am still alive when they find a cure, I will get the universal no symbol tatted over it. Without knowing you a little better it is really hard to suggest something.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go for a word that means something to you. I'm a big believer that all tattoos should hold meaning or importance of some sort to the person getting it.

For my next tattoo, I am going to get the phrase "This too shall pass," but in Hebrew because I took Hebrew in college, am enamored with Judiasm and have struggled a lot in life, so it's a good phrase to keep in mind when the going gets tough. I want that one on the right side of my chest, below my collarbone.

I am also planning on getting "Living is easy with eyes closed" tattooed up my spine (ouch). 1) I have loved The Beatles since I was 12. 2) I want to work for a non-profit since it's so easy for people to look away from all the injustice and suffering in the world.

Is there a word or short phrase that holds some meaning in your life??

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just seeing this thread now. I hope you have made a decision that suits you. I have a tattoo on my back. Honestly, I usually just forget it's there...haha. It was a college thing and it holds no meaning really. I don't dislike it, but if I could have done it again I would have done something different or not at all.

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

sorry im just seeing this now too, i hope you found something you really like my one and only tattoo i got when i was 16 lol and its a heart with flourish type wings on my hip, i really wanted something different but the artist said it was to small it would end up looking like a blob later, so it doesnt look like what its supose to mean, Love hurts... i was 16 and was dumped one time, one time LOL, i was going to get a charm braclet tattooed on me with charms that mean things to me after gage was born but never did, too much money.

9. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - I got a tattoo when I was 18. It's a shamrock on my lower stomach by my hip. I usually forget I have it too. LOL

My husband has a few and wants more. He even tattooed my name on his chest. I told him he was insane and that meant our marriage was destined to fail. ;) Well, he got it back in 2004 (or so), and we are still married... ;)
    Last edited by Colleen; 04-21-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the word idea, too I love these and plan to get them on my foot at some point this summer! Three to represent my mom, brother, and my mentor..all of who have gone to heaven

12. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i went to get a tattoo for my birthday last week. i wanted to get my girls names and birthday on my wrist. the tattoo artist actually talked me out of it because it was too much for such a small area. soooo....i have been doing some research and this is something like what i am thinking about...although with ladybugs instead and we are going to work the girls names into it somehow.
    since lady bugs are good luck, matching ones for you and your BFF would be totally cute.
    here is the ladybug tat i got last year for my day and the second pic is what i WANT to get next

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast