Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    I start mine on the right canvas size, otherwise, I know I'll go all crazy and end up out of bounds, lol!! I keep my canvas at 300 though.

  2. Thanks dodgeladee thanked for this post
    Likes trina513, Ambelleina liked this post
  3. #12
    missdamsel's Avatar
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    I usually start with the right size canvas, place everything then shrink it all at once. PITA!!

    For these I started with 700x150. Then enlarged to 3600x771 (Yes Sarah, I checked that lol), created the siggie, then shrunk (is that right?) it back to 700x150. SO much easier! This will be what I do for now on!

  4. Thanks dodgeladee thanked for this post
    Likes Ricki liked this post
  5. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    8,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    I usually start with the right size canvas, place everything then shrink it all at once. PITA!!

    For these I started with 700x150. Then enlarged to 3600x771 (Yes Sarah, I checked that lol), created the siggie, then shrunk (is that right?) it back to 700x150. SO much easier! This will be what I do for now on!
    :P

    And that's exactly what I do


  6. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    Okay... can you explain that to me again? I am confused about the start out 700x150 then enlarge it thing. I start out at 700x150 then shrink all the elements to fit... It would be awesome not to have to shrink every single element ESPECIALLY when your name is as long as mine!

  7. #15
    missdamsel's Avatar
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    Ok, ignore earlier post! If you start with 3600x771 create the siggie, then shrink to 700x150 it will be perfect!! You will only have to resize tall elements this way. For example, I still had to resize the tree, the tire swing, etc.

  8. Thanks dodgeladee thanked for this post
    Likes dodgeladee liked this post
  9. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    8,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeladee View Post
    Okay... can you explain that to me again? I am confused about the start out 700x150 then enlarge it thing. I start out at 700x150 then shrink all the elements to fit... It would be awesome not to have to shrink every single element ESPECIALLY when your name is as long as mine!
    I always start with the size I need it to be in the first place, because I tend to get all confused if I start with the bigger size first


  10. Thanks dodgeladee thanked for this post
  11. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    i start mine with a transparent canvas the exact pixel size allowed, then i just shrink the elements. it really isn't that difficult or time-consuming and it keeps me from going crazy and making it too big, like laura said!

  12. Thanks dodgeladee thanked for this post
  13. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Middle-of-Nowhere, Kansas
    Posts
    4,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I use the "place" feature rather than opening and dragging my elements onto the canvas. This automatically puts them on my canvas in proportion to the canvas size. I might have to make a few things smaller, but they start out within the canvas boundaries and not huge.

  14. Thanks dodgeladee thanked for this post
    Likes Ambelleina liked this post
  15. #19
    missdamsel's Avatar
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    Tell me more!!! What is this "place" feature you speak of???

    Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsFans View Post
    I use the "place" feature rather than opening and dragging my elements onto the canvas. This automatically puts them on my canvas in proportion to the canvas size. I might have to make a few things smaller, but they start out within the canvas boundaries and not huge.

  16. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: siggy question...

    I wanna know the place feature too! That sounds awesome!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •