Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Newbie learning to design

I had already posted in: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here! - forum
    I did not know I was supposed to start a new thread - so here is what I had posted.

Well not sure what exactly what to say... I just joined the forum this morning (coffee cup in had). I really love your products, I have been buying them for at least the past month or so. Today I wanted a lil more oomf in my day and I hope I find it soon. Being a stay at home mom looking for work is a lil overwhelming and I learned to cope through my scrapping. I just started my own blog about 2 weeks ago and I am not feeling it, mom keeps telling me that I need to stay with it and I will soon find the oomf. I hope she is right!.... Well anyways I just wanted to stop in and say "hello"... Happy scrapping everyone

I am using paint shop pro x2... I also have photo shop and photo shop elements- I flip flop from all 3 depending on whatI feel like using. I started out with paint shop pro 9.... I am sooo used to making tags and blinkies that I had to steer myself away because I found it to be some what quite boring from using the same techniques over and over again. Any suggestions for someone who is starting out blogging and Ideas on what I could do to make mine stand out?

2. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie learning to design

And I will again say...welcome to GS!

The designers here are suuuuper talented, so I'm sure you will get lots of feedback on any question you post.

Hope you find your oomph here!

4. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Welcome to GS! I'm not sure what to tell you on the blogging. I never got the hang of it myself.

6. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to GS! I suck at blogging, so I don't have any tips, but I wanted to say howdy anyway!

8. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome welcome! Scrapping saved me from insanity when I had my first son and quit work to stay at home with him. Now with my third on the way being bored doesn't come up so often, but being unfulfilled does occur at times. I love it here. The ladies here can help with anything from scrapping to photography to parenting.

With blogging, you need to think of your audience. Who are you blogging for? Do you want to share your ideas? just share family photos with family and friends? What is your blog about? Once you decide that, it's easier to decide what style you want and how to reach that audience. Looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum!

10. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to GS!!! not a blogger myself so I'll let others give advice there.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

12. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post
    Likes cuddly14ever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to GS! Are you asking for tips on how to blog? I think you first need to decide what your goals are in a blog? I mean, are you trying to be like Dooce, and have your blog buy you new homes, trips around the world and more? Well I would love that too but its not that simple. You do need to decide who your audience is and what your trying to do. Google your ideas and see who has blogs that interest you. You cannot start out being the next big "blog". Anything in life worth having takes a lot of hard work so baby steps and just keep going at it. Good luck!

14. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My blog is about what makes me, me... so to say. I enjoy many aspects of the creative world such as cross stitching, scrapping paper and digital, cooking, and now I am trying to learn how to use a sewing machine. I am more of a DIY-er, I am getting married this October and I am basically do it all DIY style LOL. So as to what the blog is about- its just me that is all I am and all I can be. The best part of being me is the joy of learning and I love to learn new things and the best way i do that is just jump in and get hands on. I can't wait to learn something new.

I do have a question now that I think of it- To the designers out there- When you design do you use the pen type mouse to help you create the things you do? I have one on my Christmas list this year with the little glass mouse pad to help.

Post Thanks / Like

DIY is a great blog topic!! Grab your camera and take pics the next time you do a project and then you can blog about the steps and the finished project tutorial style! For the most part, your blog shouldn't feel like work. So you should pick a topic you are really excited about!

17. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Ginger Scraps... While I'm definitely not an expert on blogging, I can say that the blogs that keep me going back again and again are blogs that have more than just scraps. Sometimes it's crafty stuff, recipes, tips and tutorials... Since it seems like a personal blog... I'd just go for it and try all kinds of different things. Sometimes trial and error is the best way to learn what will work best for you and your readers!

19. Thanks cuddly14ever thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast