Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Scorpions Finally Got on the Score Board

How scary to get stung in the face! ICK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychozoe View Post
    omgsoh Jen! we have more scorpions this year than most... we've already killed 4 scorpions in the last 2 weeks.... that's only the ones we can see. they don't hang around each other too much. I have been stung one time ( but it was in the face in 2 places) ughhh and they give me the creeps more than any critter ever. We live in SE arizona and we hear lots of fun stories about peeps who lived in this area 100 years ago who were just developing the towns. They would put their bed posts in water cans with water in them to keep the scorpions from climbing on their beds, but the scary thing is scorpions climb walls and ceilings.

when I got stung in the face several years ago, it was cuz the scorpion was in my towel that was folded on the counter. I had my eyes closed, opened the towel, put it to my face and started drying. it felt like a pin prick. when I saw that scorpion, I screamed for a looong time and ran around naked. i was so creeped out that i had a scorpion in my face! lol

Jen, I totally understand how you are creeped out!

I always shake my shoes, clothes, towels, and everything out before I put them on. I even open my bed and look in the covers and under my pillow and stuff.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but it just creeps ya out.

My husbands uncle is a pest control guy, and he says there's really no good poison for scorpions, but if you can get rid of their food sources, like other bugs and nesting places. get rid of railroad ties, bark chips, or places like that where they like to nest. Unfortunately they love swimming pools, so if you have one, that's a given that you'll have scorpions.

ughhh keep up the good fight Jen! I found the best thing I have to kill them with is our flat-bottom pans! my husband thinks I'm nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

That is too funny! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelsByJen View Post
    LOL Susie, we started a jar for them too, they stink when they are all piled up and dead though, we are hoping we don't fill the jar with them cause that would mean we have WAY too many!

Post Thanks / Like

No more complaining about little spiders! Most of ours don't bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my Jen - I saw your post on FB and ouch!!

How are the boys handling all the scorpion sitings? Do they check their beds. Hopefully they are not allergic either if they happen to get stung..hopefully they don't!!
    Last edited by nutsaboutgabe; 04-15-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

5. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK- this is horrid! I got about 1/2 way through the thread before I had to go use the bathroom. You bet that I checked everywhere in there first! We have major spider problems. I've been bit a few times, and my poor baby got bit a few months ago. I saw 3 itty bitty spots on her back, and thought she had just scratched herself somehow. Within 1/2 hour, she had major welts. I put on some essential oils, and luckily before the next morning they were gone. I don't know what would have happened without those oils. SCARES me to death to think about it! About 2 months ago she went in to go use the potty chair- it's just next to the big one so she can grab it easily if she wants to. Right there was a HUGE Black Widow Spider on her seat! Potty training can wait!
    So- NOW you tell me to watch out for scorpions in AZ! I was just there! I'm SO glad that I didn't see any- cuz they really freak me out! Maybe we'll have to postpone our AZ luncheon until they have all been eradicated!

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, there are areas of Arizona where you will never see a scorpion. Well-developed neighborhoods, like that have been around for 50 years... all the scorpions are gone.. but in new housing and there are even hot spots of scorpions in different cities. I lived in Mesa for 12 years and only saw 1 scorpion. but there are black widows galore in Mesa... let's just say our pest control person was one of our best friends, lol!

8. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psychozoe View Post
    Sarah, there are areas of Arizona where you will never see a scorpion. Well-developed neighborhoods, like that have been around for 50 years... all the scorpions are gone.. but in new housing and there are even hot spots of scorpions in different cities. I lived in Mesa for 12 years and only saw 1 scorpion. but there are black widows galore in Mesa... let's just say our pest control person was one of our best friends, lol!
    I guess I just need to go and google how long Sun City has been around? I think I'm going to have to seriously clean everything once I get back down there just to make sure there isn't anything hiding anywhere! Plus, you just made me not want to go see hubby's family in Mesa/ Gilbert!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't the cold weather we have here in CT, but I dislike insects and arachnids even more so I suppose I'll stay up here.

When I lived in KY, I spotted two black widow spiders outside. I killed one, but wasn't able to get the other one. I was scared to let Gabe play in the back yard!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you moving to AZ Sara?

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    I guess I just need to go and google how long Sun City has been around? I think I'm going to have to seriously clean everything once I get back down there just to make sure there isn't anything hiding anywhere! Plus, you just made me not want to go see hubby's family in Mesa/ Gilbert!

Post Thanks / Like

black widows - (just make sure you don't explore areas in the yard where things sit a lot... .like under barbeques, old tires, etc.

you wanna do something fun?

get a black light and go out searching for scorpions!!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast