Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Scorpions Finally Got on the Score Board

He got in two stings, I would give them the two. It hopefully is THE ONLY two they will get!!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelsByJen View Post
    Curt and I retallied them up last night and I think it is 63-2 now, but I don't know whether to count that scorpion as 1 or 2 since it was the same bug, LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up, born and raised (19 years) in Fort Worth, Texas..... still never seen one! They look SO scary!!!

Post Thanks / Like

omg I have the heebs just reading this post, you are a braver woman than I Jen! they are teeny little suckers!!!! glad you are ok this morning hun!

Post Thanks / Like

YIKES! I am happy that you are okay today. Wow - something as simple as wearing pants. Maybe you should stop doing that - I bet the hubby wouldn't mind! ;) Anyway, I hope you are still doing well, and I hope the professionals have better luck then you at spraying and getting rid of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    YIKES! I am happy that you are okay today. Wow - something as simple as wearing pants. Maybe you should stop doing that - I bet the hubby wouldn't mind! ;) Anyway, I hope you are still doing well, and I hope the professionals have better luck then you at spraying and getting rid of them.
    LOL Colleen, actually I wear skirts 99% of the time, I put on the sweats partly because they are easier to work in, guess I should have stayed in the skirt

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live out in the Mojave in California and the scorpions there are huge and plentiful. I was a regular fixture in the yard with a huge garden hoe. I was like a crazed lady chopping them to bits... and then you have to chase the bits. We had some that were 6-8" long. I'd take those over those little ones you have any day, though. The big ones are easier to spot and chop. We also didn't have anywhere near 60... I probably killed a dozen over the course of 4 years in 3 different houses.

Now, black widows, those we had a ton of. OMG and the ground squirrels... we even had a gila monster once.

You definitely need some professionals out there. There is something in your house or yard that scorpions like and that's why they're plentiful. They wont stay where it's inhospitable or where food isn't plentiful. Hopefully they can find the source, remove that and the scorpions will move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
    I used to live out in the Mojave in California and the scorpions there are huge and plentiful. I was a regular fixture in the yard with a huge garden hoe. I was like a crazed lady chopping them to bits... and then you have to chase the bits. We had some that were 6-8" long. I'd take those over those little ones you have any day, though. The big ones are easier to spot and chop. We also didn't have anywhere near 60... I probably killed a dozen over the course of 4 years in 3 different houses.

Now, black widows, those we had a ton of. OMG and the ground squirrels... we even had a gila monster once.

You definitely need some professionals out there. There is something in your house or yard that scorpions like and that's why they're plentiful. They wont stay where it's inhospitable or where food isn't plentiful. Hopefully they can find the source, remove that and the scorpions will move on.
    We actually just moved from Colorado where the black widows were a big problem, and I think now after being stung, I would rather have the scorpion, LOL....I just hope my kids aren't allergic to them.

Post Thanks / Like

omgsoh Jen! we have more scorpions this year than most... we've already killed 4 scorpions in the last 2 weeks.... that's only the ones we can see. they don't hang around each other too much. I have been stung one time ( but it was in the face in 2 places) ughhh and they give me the creeps more than any critter ever. We live in SE arizona and we hear lots of fun stories about peeps who lived in this area 100 years ago who were just developing the towns. They would put their bed posts in water cans with water in them to keep the scorpions from climbing on their beds, but the scary thing is scorpions climb walls and ceilings.

when I got stung in the face several years ago, it was cuz the scorpion was in my towel that was folded on the counter. I had my eyes closed, opened the towel, put it to my face and started drying. it felt like a pin prick. when I saw that scorpion, I screamed for a looong time and ran around naked. i was so creeped out that i had a scorpion in my face! lol

Jen, I totally understand how you are creeped out!

I always shake my shoes, clothes, towels, and everything out before I put them on. I even open my bed and look in the covers and under my pillow and stuff.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but it just creeps ya out.

My husbands uncle is a pest control guy, and he says there's really no good poison for scorpions, but if you can get rid of their food sources, like other bugs and nesting places. get rid of railroad ties, bark chips, or places like that where they like to nest. Unfortunately they love swimming pools, so if you have one, that's a given that you'll have scorpions.

ughhh keep up the good fight Jen! I found the best thing I have to kill them with is our flat-bottom pans! my husband thinks I'm nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psychozoe View Post
    omgsoh Jen! we have more scorpions this year than most... we've already killed 4 scorpions in the last 2 weeks.... that's only the ones we can see.

I always shake my shoes, clothes, towels, and everything out before I put them on. I even open my bed and look in the covers and under my pillow and stuff.

My husbands uncle is a pest control guy, and he says there's really no good poison for scorpions, but if you can get rid of their food sources, like other bugs and nesting places. get rid of railroad ties, bark chips, or places like that where they like to nest. Unfortunately they love swimming pools, so if you have one, that's a given that you'll have scorpions.

ughhh keep up the good fight Jen! I found the best thing I have to kill them with is our flat-bottom pans! my husband thinks I'm nuts.
    You are lucky you have only seen 4. We just moved here Dec 29th, and we have killed more than 60 but 25 of those have been this week ALONE. Most in the house and apartment that is in our shop.

I wish shaking would get them all out, but DH and I have discovered that they are kinda sticky....when we pick up a rug with them and shake it, they sometimes stick until brushed, or smashed off. We have taken to lifting up all toilet seats incase they are under the one you sit on...there have been scorpions in the toilet twice in the past week too!

And yeah, we have a pool, so lucky us, and we live right beside a wooded area, so double trouble I guess.

I have discovered if the most you can get of them (if they are moving too fast) is their stinger- like with a shovel or something, they will die a little while after their tail has been cut....last night I killed one with a broom handle, one with my shoe and the one in my pants with a coaster from my desk, LOL

Post Thanks / Like

omgoodness! sticky scorpions! ughhhh!!! U guyz are definitely on hyper alert! I think a pest control will def help! I'm getting the heebee jeebees just reading about your adventure.

when I first moved to this area 12 years ago,the first house we bought was further out of town, and the house had been unoccupied for a while, so the bugs had the run of the place. Before they put it on the market , they sprayed I guess, because when we went in to clean and move in, there were dead scorpions all over one room, for some reason. my sister was there helping clean, and we finally got all the scorpions cleaned up, they were all in a container... my sister said they look like those crunchy chow mein noodles, lol, she grossed me out. It was a long time till I ate those noodles again

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast