Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Scorpions Finally Got on the Score Board

Those of you who are friends with me on FB know that I have been keeping tally of the number of scorpions we have killed. Until tonight that number was Jordans 60+ Scorpions 0

My husband has a traveling job, he left tonight to be gone for the weekend. I put on my sweat pants at about 7 pm to help him pack and not have to worry about getting dirty, since we were loading up the motor home. Anyway, I had the pants on for about 3 hours....a while. I came in and sat down at my computer and felt what I thought was a sticker or burr on the inside of my sweat pants, WRONG!!!!! As soon as I scratched my knee I felt the sting.....needless to say I stripped pretty fast, LOL (sorry if TMI) I knew I needed to get the thing out of my pants and confirm what I knew it to be (since it was my first time being stung) so I gently pulled my pant leg inside out, and of course my hand just happened to be right where he was....I thought I was being cautious, but he got me on my finger too!!!!

It doesn't feel very nice, but I am pretty sure I am not allergic to them since I haven't gone into shock yet, but DH is freaking out since he is out of town and we are in a new house with no one close by... he is calling me about every 20 min LOL.

We had already sprayed earlier this week, but when hubby gets home we are hiring the PROFESSIONALS!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Scorpions Finally Got on the Score Board

GOSH, what is the deal?!

last time i saw so many scorpions, i was at summer camp in the middle of the woods.

i despise anything bug-related, so if i were in your position, i'd be at a HOTEL! cripes, hope the issue is solved very soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Eeeeewwwww! Good to hear your not allergic, time to start turning all your clothing inside out before getting dressed from now on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Eeeeewwwww! Good to hear your not allergic, time to start turning all your clothing inside out before getting dressed from now on!
    LOL yep, but that is what I was doing when I got stung on my finger!!!!! At least it would be my finger and not something else if I check my clothes

Post Thanks / Like

OH my gosh!!!! YUCK!! Where do you live that there are so many scorpions!? I've honestly never seen one (in the wild) in my life!

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Meat tenderizer will help with the sting. I know I am probably too late and hopefully you won't have to know this info again!

But seriously since the winter ws SO mild and there has been lots of rain they will be worse this year! Ugh!!\

And now the score is 60-2. Off to find you on FB!!

Post Thanks / Like

EEEEK, I would be flipping out. Thank goodness you are not allergic to them. I have never seen one in my life and that is perfectly fine with me.

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know if i'd be abl to sleep lol glad its feeling better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    Meat tenderizer will help with the sting. I know I am probably too late and hopefully you won't have to know this info again!

But seriously since the winter ws SO mild and there has been lots of rain they will be worse this year! Ugh!!\

And now the score is 60-2. Off to find you on FB!!
    Thanks Missi! Some one said raw onions help too....I didn't try either last night, but the welts are finally gone this morning, I can feel it a bit still in my knee but not bad.

Curt and I retallied them up last night and I think it is 63-2 now, but I don't know whether to count that scorpion as 1 or 2 since it was the same bug, LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSPeeler View Post
    OH my gosh!!!! YUCK!! Where do you live that there are so many scorpions!? I've honestly never seen one (in the wild) in my life!
    Central Texas...not as bad as Arizona's scorions (not as poisonous) but fierce in number. I'd show you this pic of the two in the toilet, but they are hard to see, so here is a different one

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast