Thread: Corel Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corel Help

I have used templates from other sites with Corel (PSP X2, 3 and 4) in the past.
    But I cannot get them to "work" here @ GS ...
    I want to use them so much because they rock ... any and all help would be apprecaited!!!
    Thank you!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Corel Help

Jill, I use PSPx2 with templates from GS without problem. Any .psd file should open with layers in tact in PSP. Is there a specific template you're having trouble with? I'd be happy to see if I can help!

Post Thanks / Like

When I drag the layers on to my working page, everything is "centered" - when I've used templates before, they "stay put" where they should be on the page ... I hope what I'm trying to say makes sense! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the designer didn't save your .pngs right. You might want to ask the designer of the template. She needs to save the layers untrimmed.

Post Thanks / Like

so actually ... when I drag a layer on to my work area, it SHOULD stay "in place"? - then I just need to put the background layer, or whatever over top, and "do my thing" to get it to stick there?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I wish I had PSP so I could tell you for sure! I make templates sometimes and I messed up once and trimmed the extra space off of all of my layers. If I leave them untrimmed, when you open the PNGs and pull them onto your canvas, they will go right where they are supposed too. If I trim the layers, they'll all go to the middle. It's a habit to trim PNGs because it makes the file size smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

PSDs are preferred for me in PSP because you just open one file and all the layers are there, in place, and you just clip your papers, etc. There is no dragging individual PNGs into the workspace and they're so much easier.

When using PNG files, designers intend each PNG to layer on top of the other in place, so it has the same effect of it being a PSD or Tiff file. I'm not sure if that's what you're saying they do for you or not. But when you bring all the PNGs onto your workspace, they should look just like the template preview in their arrangement. Does that make sense?
    Last edited by catgoddess; 04-03-2012 at 05:20 AM.