Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

I was never hungry, I ate as much fruits and veggies as I wanted to (mostly veggies) so I was never hungry. I just think my body wasn't used to not having anything else. I hardly ever ate fruits and veggies till we started doing this. So on the up side, I eat way more fruits and veggies more. When I want something sweet I go for a banana or apple or dried cranberries and pomegranates (Very sweet by the way! Almost too sweet to handle lol).

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, well I do eat fruit every single day and vegetables at least every other day (bad bad, should be every day, lol!), so maybe it won't be too bad.

I will have to eat the stuff at some point though, I don't know how I'd do on straight juice.

I haven't lost the craving for bad food since I changed the way I eat a while back, but when I do eat junk, it never fails to upset my stomach and make me sick. I'll spare you the details, but it's OBVIOUS that food is NOT good for our bodies, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out these plans. One is a long weekend reboot that is only 3 days. Then there are longer ones where you eat food too.

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.p...id=689&lang=au

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    My husband didn't think I would have enough will power to stay off the goodies we have in the house. Yesterday I was making Rebekah her chocolate chip pancakes and I usually toss a small handful of chocolate chips in my mouth when I am making them, yesterday I did not. I was very proud of myself.
    Yeah for you to resist!! That's some pretty impressive will-power!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    The nasty part is hard. I have not found how to make it not taste nasty. That's my biggest stumbling block right now. I did find that combining fruits and veggies (which is in alot of recipes) cuts the taste of the veggies a bit, and adding a little ginger helps too.
    DH started his juice diet on Sunday (we found we couldn't afford it financially if we both juiced for the 10-days together) but I get to taste everything he's juiced (except for things that have pineapple and coconut) from what I can tell Ginger makes the drink!! I also found yesterday that I really like juiced mint leaves!

Today DH is on his third day and he's doing pretty well. Two nights ago, I woke up to him "chewing" on my arm. At first I thought it was the puppy, but when I looked, it was DH. In the morning he told me he was dreaming about food--no kidding huh?!

How is the fast coming along Jodi?
    Where is your daily checkin? I love reading it, and I love showing DH what you are all talking, suggesting, etc!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

5. Likes MSPeeler, photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
    Two nights ago, I woke up to him "chewing" on my arm. At first I thought it was the puppy, but when I looked, it was DH. In the morning he told me he was dreaming about food--no kidding huh?!
    Holy cow! That is SO Funny! I think I needed this laugh to take me through the rest of the day! I bet you can't wait until you get to chew on his arm in the night?

7. Likes sladd79054 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    Holy cow! That is SO Funny! I think I needed this laugh to take me through the rest of the day! I bet you can't wait until you get to chew on his arm in the night?
    No I do enough crazy things during the night, I dont need DH to hang this one over me until the grave!
    This is my one thing I can joke with him until we are old and gray!!
    You know my name

9. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

wow no new posts?! I thought for sure there would be a lot more in here!

I've come to report on DH. He's been doing the juice fast since Sunday and he's lost a total of 7.5lbs. He's super excited about the amount he's lost and wants to continue past the original 10-days. At first he was really upset about weighing himself today, thinking he'd only lost a pound or two. But I commented about how his face is thinning out and he decided to weigh himself. He did tell me that he was secretly hoping he hadn't lost any weight so he could stop his diet and eat normally! I am glad he's doing so well with his fast!

His attitude has been moody since he started this diet. But also, since he started this diet, he's jumped in full time with his classes for his MDiv as well as getting settled in his new job. I think its a combination of the latter two as to why he's moody. He doesn't like any talk of food. The girls were trying to help me decide what to make for dinner tonight and he had fit running in to the living room. He is refusing to go in to the kitchen other than to juice his meals, which is hard for him since he was a horrible snacker!

Overall if nothing comes out of this, I think he'll have a new found respect of food and amounts. Originally he was drinking 16-20 oz of juice per meal. But now he's down to about 8oz a meal since he says its so filling. He misses the chewing aspect as he's doing a total juice fast, no eating fruit or the such.

That's what he's doing . . .what about you Jodi? How is it going?
    You know my name

11. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for his update! Although he loves his juice fast, it can go too far. I for one have done it like that, too! I completed 24 days on a master cleanse, but the final 2 days was not fun. Honestly, I think I lost 14 # the first 2 weeks, after that I might have lost 2 more pounds. Keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I actually got an ulcer in my intestines and the dr put me on a bland diet so I had to stop this diet. Too much citrus I guess. I have 2 posts to catch up on but wanted to update you.
    Tell your hubby that my hubby lost over 29 lbs in a month and he was eating and juicing. Keep up the food work!!
    My BFF and her hubby want to start doing it too. We offered for them to borrow our juicer but I think they want to buy their own. When I am feeling better I will read more.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Jodi, that's horrible!! I am so sorry that you go sick from this fast!! I'll pray that you heal quickly and can back to your normal activities!!

DH just weighed himself and he's lost 11 pounds. He is now doing 50/50 juice fast and eating healthy.
    You know my name

15. Likes Jodi liked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast