Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

That's pretty nifty. I need to get a hold of a good juicer. When I was a kid my mom always made me carrot apple juice for breakfast and I still love it. I want to go back to having juice for breakfast (no juice fast for me, sorry ladies even if I weren't pregnant I'm not brave enough for that)
    However 1 meal of fruit and veggie juice sounds good to me.

Question about the all veggie juice, how do you get it to not taste nasty? I can't stand V8. I usually mix the 2 to get something I like

Post Thanks / Like

The nasty part is hard. I have not found how to make it not taste nasty. That's my biggest stumbling block right now. I did find that combining fruits and veggies (which is in alot of recipes) cuts the taste of the veggies a bit, and adding a little ginger helps too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonystar View Post
    Question about the all veggie juice, how do you get it to not taste nasty? I can't stand V8. I usually mix the 2 to get something I like
    I used to HATE V8- only tomato juice for me. However, we were on a vacation and I was craving tomato juice, and all they had was V8. So my husband picked me up that- since it was tomato juice, right? Needless to say, I slowly sipped it, and the next time I tried tomato juice, I gagged! It was so weird! I hated drinking the V8 while I had it, but then I couldn't drink the other!

Post Thanks / Like

yeeeahh my problem is I don't like tomato juice. Love tomatoes, hate tomato juice. Doh. What if I mix in oreo cookies? Does that ruin the point ya think? ;)

5. Likes Ambelleina, photom, Jodi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! Those are some great deals too. The last juicer is the one we got but where we got it from the price has gone up and you have to pay shipping on it now. We got it for $63 with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill DZines View Post
    OK, now I watched the movie last night on Netflix - AMAZING!! I am SO inspired, I am halfway ready to order a juicer on Amazon! LOL! I have found several on there that are at a great price - one being an almost exact replica of the one he used in the film, but for only about $70 or so! (700 watt motor even!). Then I started looking at some of the juicing books, and found one (Kindle version) that is FREE today!

Also found another movie about same topic - someone posted a link to it on Joe's twitter page, movie online premiere is free for next 9 or 10 days:

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/online-premiere

Free Kindle book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Comprehensive-...dp/B006Z1GN2W/

some juicers on Amazon that look good:

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Juice-Extractor/dp/B005YROHKS/

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Extractor-EA67650/dp/B002VL7RKM/
    (this is the same one Jodi bought! $65 with free shipping)

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Juice-Extractor/dp/B002OF3FBK/

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Extractor-67650/dp/B000FHQJ6C/

Now I have to look at that juicer you bought.... lol...

Post Thanks / Like

when we did it, we didnt just go veggies to juice, we added some fruits to it as well so that the taste wasnt so strong of veggies add 2 apples or an orange and it will definitely help with the taste

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to make something sweeter so it's easier to get down, carrots are the way to do that. Carrot juice is way sweeter than even some fruits. Try throwing a couple of carrots in your veggie juice to see if it cuts it a little (and they're still veggies!).

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so my juicer is arriving TOMORROW!! I'm really pretty excited about it! I am not planning on doing a juice-only fast (at least not right away) but will be trying to replace a meal or two each day with juice, at least to start out, until I know I can find some great-tasting juices that I will happy drinking. I ended up ordering a bit more expensive juicer, that is supposed to work as well with softer fruits as with harder, from strawberries to pineapple with the rind on! This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QBFFU8

My husband is happy about getting one, so he pitched in so I could get the better one. When I bought it last week, Amazon was actually out of stock - as was EVERYWHERE I looked! Even the Breville website said they were temporarily out of stock when I looked there! (How much y'all wanna bet that Joe - the FSND guy - invested in this company before releasing the film?? Bet he did!! LOL! That's what he does - he's an investor/businessman - a smart one! Not that I think that's why he did it, but it probably didn't hurt any, eh?) Anyway, I went ahead an ordered from Amazon, hoping it wouldn't be the middle of April, like other sites I checked, and it was just a couple days later they gave me a delivery date. What's funny is this - when I bought it, it was $199. Then I saw it was in stock again for part of one day, same price, then they went out of stock again. Then today they had them again, but were priced at $289!! Extra $90!! Now I just looked again, and it says "Temporarily out of stock" AGAIN, and the price is back to $199! Weird, huh?? They must be selling them like crazy!

ANYway.... I'm dying to know how it's going with this? Have you found some vegie juice combos that you like? I did order a book from Amazon too, a big one with lots of recipes and info, and I've got a couple coming to me from inter-library loan... I've started a new batch of sprouts, cuz I read in one book that sprouts are GREAT to add to any vegie juice (I love alfalfa sprouts, but one can only eat so many of those before starting to feel like a cud-chewing cow, KWIM? LOL) and I just picked up a few extra fruits and vegies today... can't wait to make my first juice!

I have to thank you, Jodi, for posting about that movie - I had not even heard of it, and it really was SO inspiring! I'm inspired to get back to a much healthier diet... including juicing. Not sure when I'll start the juice-only "re-boot" but am excited about it!
    My blog
    My shop
    (this will have to do until I can make one of those fancy signatures!) Hehe!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that it inspired you! I tried the juice only and couldn't last more than 2 days so I started doing juice and food but food was only fruits and veggies. I lost about 5 lbs in 2 days. That was probably all water weight. Then day 5 I started feeling funny, light headed, dizzy, in a fog. Rebekah would say something and I couldn't hear or understand her. I started just doing the "uh huh" thing to her and she got excited and said "really? You will?!!" and I had to have her repeat herself. Aparantly she asked if I would go to the beach with her lol. My husband was concerned about me and made me a tuna wrap. So yeah I cheated. The good news is there is a 5 day fast and I made it to the end of day 5.
    DH looked it up and said that when the toxins leave your body they cause damage on their way out. Boy did they ever! But I am happy to report that I no longer crave bad food. I crave fruits and healthy stuff now. I would prefer a tuna wrap over a burger and a banana over a cookie.

11. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, I don't know if I can handle all that! I like to think I am a very hardy gal, I can withstand a good amount of pain and discomfort, but hunger is my Achilles's heel.

If I don't eat, the first wave of hungry will fade, then come back strongly and I quickly succumb to nausea, dizziness and dry heaving. For instance, Sunday I woke up at 11am, did laundry, went to visit my boyfriend's family and didn't have anything except two bottles of water; by the time we were on our way home at 4pm, I was nauseous and gagging, thinking I was going to pass out in the car.

I get so sick to my stomach after a while, when I finally do eat, I throw it back up.

I really want to try this, but I don't know if my stomach can handle only juice for so long. :/

(Ps-Yes, I would be gone the first week in the Hunger Games, lol.)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast