Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

Oh and I am the same as you. My family hardly ever ate out, we couldn't afford it. I grew up in a family of 8. DH grew up in a home of fend for yourself, microwave meals, and fast food after he got his license as well. Fast and easy is what he is used to. I gained alot of weight after we got married (started my weight gain in college, quit smoking after graduation and then got married a few months after that) and then gained more and more after each kid I had lol.
    I have to break myself of convenient foods.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you have some recipes that you are using from the fast guy, but here are some recipes that you may be able to incorporate into your diet? I tried a few of them last night, but since I didn't have full sized carrots (just the bite sized ones) I think I over carroted them. http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/

3. Thanks Jodi thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What is a fatty liver and how do you know you have one? I wish you the best of luck Jodi. I really need to do something to lose a ton of weight but I know I wouldn't be able to drink my veggies, I have a hard enough time eating them lol.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH found out he had a fatty liver from a blood test that the dr ran on him when he was breaking out in hives.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the juicing for a while but now i do it in addition to food not just by itself.. It did help but i was still left hungry, and it gets expensive juicing that much stuff lol its definitely a great tool to utilize though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sladd79054 View Post
    What is a fatty liver and how do you know you have one?

fatty liver is when excess fat builds up on your liver, it basically happens from eating crappy food in general. i used to be fine, then i started eating fast food a lot with the boyfriend, now my liver is enlarged with fat.

i found out when i took my yearly physical, my blood work showed one of my liver enzymes was elevated. i went to have a sonogram done and it shows the liver as being bigger/fatty.

it's not life-threatening and my doctor's office tried to make it like it wasn't a big deal, but it CAN lead to other health issues and i don't like having things wrong with me. i've been overweight my entire life, but i've always been healthy, so i'm taking milkthistle and dandelion supplements and trying to eat as much fruits/veggies as i can to heal my liver back to normal!

jodi--i'm so glad i'm not alone! i lost a good 35/40 lbs and three dress sizes right before i met the boyfriend. within two years i had gained it all back. now that we live together, it's even harder since i'm the only one who cooks and he still wants to do taco bell and pizza hut. and i did also quit smoking last year. now i've got to get him to quit smoking AND fast food!

Post Thanks / Like

Quitting smoking made me gain weight. Quitting fast food helped me lose weight lol. So if he quits both it might even out. lol

9. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Quitting smoking made me gain weight.
    Truth. I gained 30# after quitting. Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

I am watching this thread with interest! I am trying to lose weight, slowly-but-surely. Mostly by exercising every day, but I need to make some diet changes as well. Hubby has mentioned an interest in juicing but I'm not so sure... I'm kind of more into whole-foods, and just adding more fruits/vegies/whole-grains into our diets.
    My blog
    My shop
    (this will have to do until I can make one of those fancy signatures!) Hehe!

12. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is the idea of the juicing. You do the "cleanse" for 5-15 days and then eat better after you are done. You reboot your body first though. I need it because we are a processed, fast food family and we need to stop. We need to detox our bodies first though.
    Dinner was better than lunch but still pretty bad. DH read that you can add stevia so I got a pack of truvia and it made it better enough that I could chug the rest.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast