Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

Feeling a bit better today, I am actually at the computer which is a first in a few days.
    I hated the mean green one too, really had to choke it down. I don't know how Joe drank it all the time.
    Sadly I have gained 5 lbs since the Dr. put me on this stupid bland diet since it's almost all starches except for applesauce.
    Easter weekend and then Monday is Isaiah's birthday so a full busy weekend ahead and I am not 100% yet.
    I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

You get better! Don't overdo it! I wonder if that green one is an acquired taste- like don't start with this one type drink???? Most people who start out this kind of diet aren't used to getting veggies in their diet, so although it's super healthy, I wonder why something that would taste so awful would be the first to go to?????

Post Thanks / Like

The video can only be seen in the United states it says

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby and I tried the juices last fall and do it once in a while now for few days at a time. I found that I felt a lot better after the juices as they tend to clean out all the gunk in the system. We always start the day with a fruit juice and that keeps me going till around 11 am. I love them, the day isn't the same if I don't get my juice! Ohh i was so nervous about the Mean Green one as it looks horrible but actually foudn that the taste wasn't as bad as I thought. if you are not liking the taste try to reduce the cellery a bit or add a little bit more lemon. We often put a whole lemen instead of a half.

5. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you aren't able to view it. What country are you from? There is a web page for Australia and I believe you can also view it from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by carladee View Post
    The video can only be seen in the United states it says

Post Thanks / Like

JODI- Thanks SO much for this link! I finally found some earplugs to watch this video and actually the Dr. that first helped him through- Dr. Fuhrman- is the Dr. who I've been reading his books. I think I'm just about ready for the 10 day cleanse. EVEN if it's really disgusting tasting- I don't care! It's worth the health benefits!

Post Thanks / Like

And I thought giving up carbs was hard! But that was nothing compared to this. You girls are brave!
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kl.winters View Post
    And I thought giving up carbs was hard! But that was nothing compared to this. You girls are brave!
    agreed! I'm doing no carbs (well, very little - I cheat once in a while to maintain my sanity!). I do love veggies, but only juice? It sounds amazing, and I could probably do the 10 day, but I don't have a juicer. I mostly just eat veggies as it is now.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to post that I went to the store today and picked up enough stuff for 4 days of the mean green juice. I had it a few hours back, and...... I LOVED IT! It was SO yummy! I had mad a plan to do like the brother did and only do the mean green in the mornings for a month, and then go from there. However, it was much more palatable then was mentioned here, so it makes it a little more difficult to want to cleanse slowly! We also did the apple carrot ginger juice, and even my littlest liked it! I am SO EXCITED! I'll try and let you know how it goes. We will be going to a family reunion the end of June, so I don't want to cleanse just to screw it up on vacation. So, I guess I'll just stick with the month of juicing in the mornings, and then when we come back, emerge in the classic roadmap. (The 5-5-5 plan- where you eat and juice for 5 days, then only juice for 5, then 5 more of eating and juicing.) Then a month of "good" eating before fully going the 10 day plan. It will be easier to do the full 10 days later in the fall when all the crops are on sale at the farmer's markets, anyways!

11. Likes Jodi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! I was going to reply to say that when I was on the South Beach Diet they were against juicing for some people mainly because of the high sugar content and lower amount of fiber. I think they said to be sure to have a lot of pulp in your juice so you could get extra fiber, minerals, etc. ;)

I hope this works well for you, Jodi!

Kelley, I think that eating the veggies is better for you than drinking them, if you are able to...I know drinking them is SO much easier than eating them, sometimes! lol...the plus side to eating them is that you are getting so much more of the natural roughage plus it takes longer for you to digest so you feel fuller longer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Also, I would suggest if you have any medical conditions (like a heart condition or diabetes) to consult with your doctor before starting this.
    ☮.▪▪.:♥♥:.:**:.▪:JENN:▪.:**:.:♥♥:.▪▪.☮
    My blogaroo...my personal site - ajoyfulheart.com...my newsletter

Have you clicked today?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast