Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

what helped us was that my boyfriend ended up doing the gastric bypass surgery and do he cant have it anymore, my son and i completely went cold turkey and stopped eating it.. it was a big change in the beginning but now it's like we dont need it.. gavin would ask to go to mcdonalds or something and i would suggest a sandwich or something and he finally came around.. now when i ask him what he wants for lunch or dinner and were out, he says he wants a sandwich since changing our diet 100% and working out now, I have lost about 15 pounds since jan.. obviously don's lost more weight.. lol he's going on 60 pounds..

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! I know the hardest part is going to be getting my 5 year old on board. She is a McDonalds fanatic. She is the pickiest eater ever. I try to get her to try new things all the time, in fact it's one of her things on her chore chart that earns her points, but even if she does try something she usually spits it out and says how disgusting it is. Literally the only meat she will eat is McDonalds chicken nuggets. Not BK ones, or Chick Fillet, or Wendy's, it has to be McD's. She won't eat beef, fish, pork, turkey, or any other chicken. It's very frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Literally the only meat she will eat is McDonalds chicken nuggets. Not BK ones, or Chick Fillet, or Wendy's, it has to be McD's. She won't eat beef, fish, pork, turkey, or any other chicken. It's very frustrating.
    I read from a book that when you child is truly hungry, they will eat the good foods. It's just that first week of them not eating that scares the parents! Everyone comments on how well my kids eat what is put in front of them. I greatly attest that to being poor and not having enough $$ to throw away. My kids (even at 2 & 3) learned that if they didn't eat dinner, or lunch, or snack, or whatever was in front of them then, Mom or Dad would not find them something else to eat- or if we did, most of the time it was even more unappetizing to them! My little 3 year old eats like a bird compared to what my other 2 ate when they were her age. She is a lot smaller, though, and it doesn't seem to hold her back at all. Good luck and hang in there.

4. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we tried the, if you don't eat what we give you, you don't eat at all approach. She starves herself and throws up.
    Rebekah weighs 3 lbs more than her little brother. She is 5 and he isn't even 2 yet. She has always been tiny, ever since I weaned her anyway. She was a fat baby when she nursed. She was born tiny too at 6lbs 14 oz. Isaiah was 8lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my update.
    Day 1 - failure lol I cheated in the sense that I ate my veggies instead of juicing them before bed. I found that I wasn't drinking the entire glass when it was juiced so before bed I got out all the veggies that I would have put in the juice and I just put them in a bowl and ate them. It was very filling and made me feel better. I was tired and weak all day.
    John found that you can do what they call an "express" diet where you only juice some of it and eat the rest raw. So I am doing the express because I can't drink all that juice. I can drink some but not all. So I am still staying away from everything except fruits and veggies, still juicing my fruits and then only juicing a little of the veggies and eating raw the rest. This is going to be a long 10 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Jodi, all you had was fruits and veggies--that's an accomplishment! That's all I had for breakfast and dinner yesterday and I was so tired and hungry by the time I got off work, I had a leftover chicken strip the minute I walked in the door. I'm already cheating on this diet and I haven't even started LOL. So let's just say you didn't cheat, you just changed to the express diet in the middle of the day!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL thanks! That makes me feel better.

9. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My husband didn't think I would have enough will power to stay off the goodies we have in the house. Yesterday I was making Rebekah her chocolate chip pancakes and I usually toss a small handful of chocolate chips in my mouth when I am making them, yesterday I did not. I was very proud of myself.

11. Likes photom, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    My husband didn't think I would have enough will power to stay off the goodies we have in the house. Yesterday I was making Rebekah her chocolate chip pancakes and I usually toss a small handful of chocolate chips in my mouth when I am making them, yesterday I did not. I was very proud of myself.

team jodi!

13. Thanks Jodi thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK, now I watched the movie last night on Netflix - AMAZING!! I am SO inspired, I am halfway ready to order a juicer on Amazon! LOL! I have found several on there that are at a great price - one being an almost exact replica of the one he used in the film, but for only about $70 or so! (700 watt motor even!). Then I started looking at some of the juicing books, and found one (Kindle version) that is FREE today!

Also found another movie about same topic - someone posted a link to it on Joe's twitter page, movie online premiere is free for next 9 or 10 days:

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/online-premiere

Free Kindle book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Comprehensive-...dp/B006Z1GN2W/

some juicers on Amazon that look good:

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Juice-Extractor/dp/B005YROHKS/

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Extractor-EA67650/dp/B002VL7RKM/
    (this is the same one Jodi bought! $65 with free shipping)

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Juice-Extractor/dp/B002OF3FBK/

www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Mouth-Extractor-67650/dp/B000FHQJ6C/

Now I have to look at that juicer you bought.... lol...
    Last edited by Jill DZines; 03-22-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: to highlight the juicer Jodi bought! I wanna be like Jodi! :D
    My blog
    My shop
    (this will have to do until I can make one of those fancy signatures!) Hehe!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast