Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

Yes, I would like to hear about your lunch. I wish you much success with this, Jodi!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    That's awesome Wendy! So glad you are excited about it! I "ate" my first juice breakfast this morning. It was YUMMY! Lunch won't be as great since the fruit is suppose to be just for breakfast lol. I did an apple, fresh pineapple, green grapes, strawberries, and 1/4 lime.
    Lunch will be greens. DH went out last night and bought $45 worth of fruits and veggies for us. We are both doing it, although he is not juicing for lunch because he is at work but he is doing solid fruits and veggies at work in place of the juice.
    I have friended them on facebook to get more of an insight to this fast. And in their Q&A section this is said:
    Q: Is there a ratio to fruits and veggies that you recommend for the reboot?
    A: 80% veggies, 20% fruits

So you could technically do your fruits throughout the day, spread thin with each drink.

Look, even for the Mean Green Drink:
    Q: What are the ingredients of Joe's "Mean Green" juice?
    A: As noted on page 72 of the Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead companion book, the Mean Green recipe is:
    6 Leaves Kale
    1 Cucumber
    4 Stalks Celery
    2 Green Apples
    1/2 Lemon
    1 Piece Ginger

He has fruits in there and he drank it throughout the day.

Where did you buy your fruits/veggies? Just at the local grocery store? I told DH I would google produce places in our area in hopes that things would be cheaper.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

3. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh he just got them at Walmart. He was going to go to bottom dollar where they are cheaper but Walmart is closer. We also have a produce junction. I think most of our shopping will be done there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have everything to make the mean green except Kale, I have spinach. I will just use spinach instead of Kale.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they say anything about organic vs conventional? There seems to be a lot of fruits/veggies on the dirty dozen list that are in these juices (kale, spinach, apples, celery).

I have beginning fatty liver and I was told conventional fruits/veggies with pesticide residue on/in them exacerbates fatty liver so it's better/more healing to go organic, if just for the worst ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    Do they say anything about organic vs conventional? There seems to be a lot of fruits/veggies on the dirty dozen list that are in these juices (kale, spinach, apples, celery).

I have beginning fatty liver and I was told conventional fruits/veggies with pesticide residue on/in them exacerbates fatty liver so it's better/more healing to go organic, if just for the worst ones.
    in the movie it shows the average amount of a non-organic fast over the organic fast. On the Facebook page, it talks about what organic foods to avoid for bugs and what not.

I think it is up to you. DH and I looked at the price of organic vs grocery store and we figured since we are living in an expensive area we are going to go to the grocery store as it will cost roughly 500 dollars a month for food.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

My DH had a fatty liver and it got better just by stopping fast food. We aren't necessarily doing organic but I wouldn't advise against is either.
    I just had my lunch and couldn't drink the whole thing. Not sure if it was the ginger or the cucumber since I hate cucumber. I added some hand squeezed orange but it didn't help.
    Oh and we did have Kale and not spinach.
    I think for dinner I will do half cucumber and make up for it with extra celery and do 1 apple and 1 orange instead of 2 apples. I even peeled the cucumber since the skin is bitter. Maybe I should have left the skin on. Blah.

Post Thanks / Like

try an english cucumber, they're lighter in flavor than a regular one. i just one some last night from the regular grocery for 79 cents a piece.

yes, i got the fatty liver from my boyfriend, lol. i grew up in a "fast food 5 times a year" household. maybe less than 5, we never ever went out to eat or ordered in, my mom always cooked and we cooked for ourselves as needed.

my boyfriend grew up in a "fend for yourself" household and has lived off of taco bell and wendy's since he got his driver's license. so of course, he always wants to eat out, get fast food, order pizza, etc. 2 1/2 yrs into the relationship: i now have fatty liver. i went from overweight but healthy to fatty liver. so annoying, i've always been healthy!

maybe my veggie bill will be lower since the boyfriend refuses to diet with me--i'll just be buying for one!

oh jodi--how's the juicer working? i need to buy one after i get paid this week.

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing! The clean up is pretty easy. I put a grocery bag into the container that collects the pulp for easy clean up. The biggest thing is being sure to rinse it after each use. The strainer is the hardest to clean and if you rinse it and run the brush over it (brush comes with it) it cleans up in a few seconds. DH used it this AM and didn't clean it and it took me a half hour to clean the strainer. I was not a happy camper lol.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast