Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

I am doing this.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

John, my husband, is going to do it for one meal a day for a while. I am doing it for all 3 meals for at least the 10 days. If it works like it's suppose to, I think I will continue with it.
    We ordered a juicer yesterday and surprisingly it says it will be here today. That was with the free shipping! I had hoped it would take a little longer to get here lol so I could have more time to finish off some more food in the fridge but it's better to just jump right in.
    The guy that does the video and another man he meets along his journey both have urticaria, which is what my husband was diagnosed with recently. That's the reason we watched the video. It cured both men of the urticaria and both men were overweight and they both came down to a normal weight by the end of their "fast". I am hoping it will bring my weight down and help me get rid of my sleep apnea. One of the men in the video had sleep apnea as well.

If you have Netflix you can put it into your Instant Queue and watch it from there. Or you can watch it online on Hulu here http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat...nd-nearly-dead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juice fast from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this and have a ton of questions . . . .
    I have a juicer, my magic bullet juicer. Is there a specific diet to follow?

What do you do other than drink the shakes? You aren't eating anything but the shakes?
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, same questions here. I like fruit/veggie juice. My blender was working overtime for a while, haha.

I know you only have the fruit/veggie juice for a spell. I'm wondering if it is a specific plan or you just go for whatever fresh fruits/veggies you want.

My mom is doing the alkaline diet and she keeps getting on my case about eating oranges. Oranges! I thought oranges were good for you, but apparently not, lol.

I do want to lose my relationship weight (40 lb in 3 years--YIKES), but I mostly want to clean my liver. It's a little fatty but I know the liver can heal itself with a better diet. This might work for me, even for just a couple of weeks. I feel the same way you do, I want to try it and if it works, do it for the whole 60 days!

Tell me more.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the movie in our instant queue from netflix. I figured I'd have dh watch it with me when he got home from work tonight.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and I do not think you have to do any specific juice recipes but I did google some recipes. They also have a recipe page on their web site as well. I pinned it on Pinterest.

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=en

Here are some recipes

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.p...id=594&lang=en

I also googled "Juicing recipes" and found a bunch online as well. In the movie the guy who made the movie is Australian, he came to the US to do his diet because he knew if he could do it in the US where his food weaknesses were, he could do it anywhere. He went to a few places that actually make the juices for you. So if you wanted to start that way you could. Just go to one of those all natural juice bars or whatever they are called and order from there till you are ready to juice your own.
    The juicers on his web page are expensive. We found a good one for way less.
    We bought this one http://www.buy.com/prod/hamilton-bea...203891427.html Walmart also sells it but they are more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just going to suggest that if you ladies have Netflix to watch it. It's in the instant Queue section.
    They call this a juice fast even though you aren't really fasting because you are still drinking your fruits and veggies, you ONLY do fruits and veggies in a juice, thus the "juice fast".
    That's it, nothing else. No solids at all. Only fruits and veggies juiced for 10 days. 60 Days for the extreme.
    My brother and his wife did this and when they were done my SIL got sick at the thought of meat so she is a vegetarian now.
    When you are done with your 10 days or 30 days or 60 days you can then start eating solids again but it's suppose to be a reboot of your system so don't go back to eating bad foods, make healthy choices when you come off the juice diet. More fruits and veggies and less red meats. No fast food and processed foods and junk foods. Or at the very least, less of those things.
    It's really a great movie and I do suggest it for those that want to try this diet.

8. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I would suggest if you have any medical conditions (like a heart condition or diabetes) to consult with your doctor before starting this.

10. Likes ajoyfulheart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! I was going to reply to say that when I was on the South Beach Diet they were against juicing for some people mainly because of the high sugar content and lower amount of fiber. I think they said to be sure to have a lot of pulp in your juice so you could get extra fiber, minerals, etc. ;)

I hope this works well for you, Jodi!

Kelley, I think that eating the veggies is better for you than drinking them, if you are able to...I know drinking them is SO much easier than eating them, sometimes! lol...the plus side to eating them is that you are getting so much more of the natural roughage plus it takes longer for you to digest so you feel fuller longer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Also, I would suggest if you have any medical conditions (like a heart condition or diabetes) to consult with your doctor before starting this.
    ☮.▪▪.:♥♥:.:**:.▪:JENN:▪.:**:.:♥♥:.▪▪.☮
    My blogaroo...my personal site - ajoyfulheart.com...my newsletter

Have you clicked today?

Post Thanks / Like

Tell us how that juicer works, I could spend that much on one for sure!

I think I could do this for 10 days. One time, I bought 10 lbs of ground beef because it was on sale and I thought I would buy a bunch and freeze it for the next couple of weeks.

That was back in August and I have bought ground beef maybe twice since then. The smell nauseated me and I felt sick for a while after eating all that red meat, now I only cook ground turkey and eat red meat sparingly; so I could see this juice fast helping me feel the same about more "bad stuff."

I wonder what the limit of juice you can drink a day is. I'm working on shrinking my stomach now by going from biscuit/sausage for breakfast down to warm lemon water and an orange and making other similar changes, but I still get hungry all the time. Can I drink more juice all day whenever I get hungry? I've read their website but I haven't seen that info yet.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast