Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I started WW on Friday...

Just wanted to pop in and say GOOD LUCK! After I'm done breastfeeding, I'd like to try WW, so I'm gonna follow your progress to see if it works!
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Yah for all of you ladies! My husband and I recently started the 4 hour body slow carb diet. I've had a few friends have success with it, and they just raved about it.

I won't talk numbers (either my weight or how much I want to lose, lol). But, I figure the more small changes I make in my life and dietary choices, the better off I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea for taking strides in the right direction Julie!! And for everyone else making changes ... myself included.

I have gained a lot of weight over the past 6 years - 4 weeks ago I weighed 190 (double yipes!! - I'm 5'4.5") I went to a weight management doctor for vitamin B injections and started taking a prescribed appetite suppressant (really, I think it was legalized speed!) But I only took them for a few days because I felt so jittery and uneasy! I also quit getting the injections because they were doing nothing for me --- why pay $15 a week to step up on a scale? Anyways, I’ve cut back portions and snack healthy now – I’m down just about 7 pounds. I completely cut out soda (I drank full blown sugary Coke). And even though I didn't lose pounds - I could feel a difference in my belly right away - the bloated feeling (and look) was gone. I am not very active and I NEED to get out and walk - I know it would help!

This is a great thread - let's keep it going and be a support system for each other! (Just another reason I LOVE it here @ GS!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I am struuuuggling to lose my relationship weight.

Before I met my boyfriend, I went on a diet/exercise plan, I was eating 1,000 cal a day and burning off more than that at the gym.

I lost 35 lbs and 2 dress sizes! It took a long time, but I got it off. I was still overweight, but I felt great, my endurance was up and everyone was complimenting me. I was 100% happy with where I was.

After I got all fiiiiine (LOL), I met my boyfriend. I was raised on homecooking and going out, even fast food, as an extreme rarity (I'm talking 3/4 times a year, ladies).

He was raised on fast food, take out and "fend for yourself" nights. Of course, once we started dating we were going out to eat all the time.

And of course, all that weight plus a few lbs came flying back on at a rate much quicker than it left.

Now I'm back up the three dress sizes and I feel like a whale.

I've already cut out all soda, including diet soda because all that fake sugar crud does nothing but serve to keep us all fat! Also cut out the fake sugars, bought myself a $15 bottle of stevia (yum) instead. I've got the warm lemon water in the morning going along with an orange (to keep me from starving, lol). Doing my Just Dance as often as I can (difficult sometimes when I work 40 hrs a week and the bf neither cleans nor cooks--yipe!). Replaced cafeteria lunches with Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones, an orange and whole fruit applesauce.

I really need to either join a gym or get an elliptical. The elliptical was paramount to my losing weight previously. When I started, I could only do about 5/8 minutes on it. After a few months, I could go on that thing for almost an hour! I did lose 4 lbs from November to December, but I haven't weighed myself since (don't want to become discouraged).

Hoping all these little changes will show up on the scale when I go to the doctor next month!

5. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say GOOD LUCK! After I'm done breastfeeding, I'd like to try WW, so I'm gonna follow your progress to see if it works!
    I did WW when I was BF years ago...when you BF you get more points it was nice getting those extra points

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it is way easier now with all gadgets! When we did WW years ago I had those books with point values and my journal to record it all. It was annoying to take that everywhere. And bust it out at when your out to eat.
    Julie remember when we looked in the book for the item with the most points and we drove all the way to to mall just to try it. Lol.
    We had to at least try the 56 point brownie from Mrs. Feilds. Lol.

8. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OMGosh! totally Ginger! That was one damn good brownie! And yes, the gadgets make it VERY easy, now I just bust out my smart phone and it figures out the points for me. So easy...even a caveman could do it...or a blond

10. Likes GingerScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So, first week...down to 167.5. So I lost 3.5 lbs

12. Likes Ambelleina, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamaape View Post
    I feel like we're sisters from another mister.
    how have i never heard this saying before...hilarious!!!
    good luck with WW julie. i have done WW too and it works. my problem is that i always fall off the wagon and put the weight back on. ergh! so i am back to being off the wagon...AGAIN! hopefully, i will get motivated again soon

14. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Julie for the weight loss; I decided to join WW today so I plan on starting first thing tomorrow morning. Made a list of things I need to buy at the store and plan on hitting the store early tomorrow morning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast