Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Digi isn't "real" scrapbooking!

Well said Joanne.

Post Thanks / Like

That annoys me as well. I am currently at a Scrapbooking Retreat right now, we have 10 ladies here. There is myself and another gal that are only digital scrapping! She works on the CM program and I'm using PSE 7. We have some folks in awe others turn around and snub us, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

most people I talk to are receptive to the idea of digi scrapping but their biggest hang up to me is the actual printing of the pages. I think if they realized how much more they could do they'd go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

yea the gal that is here at the retreat with me prints 12x12, I only print that size for one theme album (my boys scout/cub scout personal album) otherwise I print 6x6 or 8x8 and I only wait until really hot sales to print, in a pinch I print at home.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use Persnickety Prints for all my printing! Everything comes out perfect and I never have to worry about quality or errors or anything. Upload, order and go and is simple. Plus, the price is printing is SO LOW compared to the price of papers, scissors, glues, ellies, glitter, etc for physical scrapping!

The other thing I'd mention is that if you're wanting to get younger people into scrapping, digital is really the way to go IMHO. I'm 25 and I only know ONE other woman my age that scraps; she does traditional because she's not in the least computer savvy and doesn't get digiscrapping/Photoshop (her words!). If I wanted to get my teenage sister into scrapping, I'd probably have a much better chance at getting her to upload pics from her digital camera and pop them in Photoshop before I'd get her to pay to print out her photos and scrap them traditionally.

In digi, I can go through photos, start a scrap, decide I want to use a different photo. If I did traditional, I'd have to make 100% which photo I want to use and pay to print it since I have a digi camera!

6. Likes ShiLane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    The other thing I'd mention is that if you're wanting to get younger people into scrapping, digital is really the way to go IMHO. I'm 25 and I only know ONE other woman my age that scraps; she does traditional because she's not in the least computer savvy and doesn't get digiscrapping/Photoshop (her words!). If I wanted to get my teenage sister into scrapping, I'd probably have a much better chance at getting her to upload pics from her digital camera and pop them in Photoshop before I'd get her to pay to print out her photos and scrap them traditionally.
    You're so right about younger people. I got my 13 year old niece started. She loves it and she's hooked. I just couldn't imagine her doing paper scrapbooking. Not to mention that my sister would go nuts from the mess that would be left. This way, the worst that can happen is that my niece leaves her laptop on the dining room table.

8. Likes ShiLane, mamaape, DianaB, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always laugh when people claim something isn't "real" just because it's not the way they choose to do it. Personally, I don't have the time, space, money or energy to spend on shopping for products (because with paper scrapping, that's a product I want to see up close and personal before buying, especially stickers and other embellishments), creating the space to store my supplies, purchasing organizers for said supplies, or cleaning up the mess created. I have enough supplies that need space just for designing!

When creating a layout digitally, I never have to worry that I smudged something or that I've used the last paper of that pattern and it's no longer for sale. I can just open up my digital supplies and start over if I want. I think if most paper scrappers tried a few pages... They'd see it was totally worth the switch!

10. Likes MichaelsMomJo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a few years ago watching a tv talk show--an actress brought a scrapbooking album of her daughter to show the host. It was humongous! Very big and very, very thick. She needed a fork lift just to haul it out onto the stage. haha!

I never had any desire to scrapbook. I have found it to be almost obcene. All the stuff that has to be bought just to paper scrap. Then you have to have room for storing all the stuff and then you have to buy organizing stuff to organize all the stuff in YUK!.

I am grateful for digital scrapbooking. If I could not use my computer to scrap, I would not be scrapping at all!

12. Likes christinap, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When we moved across the country, I gave ALL of my traditional scrapping stuff to a friend of mine who had just started scrapping. I gave her over $1,000 worth of stuff. (I figured letting her use it was better than donating/throwing it away!)
    And ya know what? I don't miss any of it. I kept the paper just so DD could use it in her art work (she's 4.5 lol), but otherwise EVERYTHINGl went to my friend. (And DD has used maybe 2 sheets of the paper cuz I keep forgetting that I have it lol.)
    I thought I'd miss some things (the special scissors, the rubber stamps, the circle cutting mat), but I don't. I almost kept the stamps for DD, but c'mon, she's a preschooler! She doesn't want my stupid stamps! She wants her own! Right now her fave stamps are her Hello Kitty stampers she bought with her allowance rotfl.
    But to each her own: If someone wants to use up precious square footage in their home to store their scrapping stuff (and their DHs let them lol), then go for it! But don't you dare knock my digital hobby that uses up only the square INCHES that my laptop measures! ;)
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

14. Likes MichaelsMomJo, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is my thoughts exactly. It's still art.

Quote Originally Posted by matsugirl View Post
    I remember a few years ago watching a tv talk show--an actress brought a scrapbooking album of her daughter to show the host. It was humongous! Very big and very, very thick. She needed a fork lift just to haul it out onto the stage. haha!

I never had any desire to scrapbook. I have found it to be almost obcene. All the stuff that has to be bought just to paper scrap. Then you have to have room for storing all the stuff and then you have to buy organizing stuff to organize all the stuff in YUK!.

I am grateful for digital scrapbooking. If I could not use my computer to scrap, I would not be scrapping at all!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast