Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Digi isn't "real" scrapbooking!

that just burns me up! LOL

Scrapbook Etc posted a layout on their FB page and asked if it was digi or traditional. One lady said " digital (not a lover of digi....I dont think its true scrapbooking just pick a pic and click a mouse)" and another said "I agree Vicky. It's not very creative when the computer is doing it all for you LOL"

seriously??? My computer hinders my scrapbooking when it crashes before I save a layout!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Digi isn't "real" scrapbooking!

Whaaaaaat?! Thems' fightin' words!

I have a friend heavy into traditional scrapping and she said she doesn't like digi because it's 'cheating.'

Seriously, learning Photoshop/other graphics programs is a skill--there are COLLEGE COURSES on graphics programs AND digi scrapping!

Just because I'm not using paper and scissors doesn't mean I'm not meticulously counting pixels, undoing and redoing, changing things, etc.

I think it takes longer on a digi scrap because you undo, redo, change, flip, rotate, change masks, change filters, actions, etc.

So much room for perfectionism and I want every pixel to count!

Rawr! Now I'm all fired up!

3. Likes Psychozoe, MamaCake, ShiLane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I understand. That word "real" chaps my hide. My friends who paper scrap don't think I do "real" scrapping and I hear (from society) that I am not a "real" mother since my kids are adopted. But "real" simply means it exists and is not imaginary. My scrapbook pages exist and so do I, so it's all "real" as far as I'm concerned! Sheesh.

Post Thanks / Like

I have die-hard traditional scrappers for friends. The weekend crop, where they drag half their house with them, tell me the same thing all the time. I simply tell them I'm dong graphic design. It takes much ore creativity to do what we do, then to cut pieces of paper, or BUY a flower and put glue on it and put that on a page. Let's not forget the learning curve involved in digital scrapping.

6. Likes ShiLane, Psychozoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that argument a lot. It doesn't really hurt my feelings personally, because I just kind of feel like they don't understand it, kwim? I wish people could just celebrate each other's versions of this art form and appreciate it for what it is - a beautiful way to keep memories I think its awesome that digi has evolved.....many more people are able to participate in memory keeping now because they are technically savvy, but not paper and glue savvy

Post Thanks / Like

Tricia that's awful that they say you aren't a "real" mother because your kids are adopted! I think people who adopt are amazing.

9. Thanks StarWarsFans thanked for this post
    Likes Ambelleina, ShiLane, Psychozoe liked this post
    prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

maybe those women are thinking about the easy programs where you do just pick a pic and click, unlike all of the beautiful layouts we make around here, with all the clustering and extractions

and yes i agree that is just poop that you are not real tricia! grrr!

11. Thanks StarWarsFans thanked for this post
    Likes Ambelleina, Psychozoe liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my response: Digital scrapping when done right is next to impossible to distinquish from tradition scrapbooking in a photo. With proper placement of elements and shadows it can be intense. I can digitally scrapbook on vacation and actually anywhere I choose to. Also with digital scrapbooking you can cluster elements much better than in traditional scrapbooking. I also enjoy viewing my digital layouts on my digital picture frame in my living room everyday, where my traditional scrapbooks sit on a shelf untouched. Want to learn more about digoital scrapbooking? Shoot me a message, but please do not bash what you do not understand!!

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

My first thought on this is they just don't know. I mean, I had no clue how much involvement it was when I started. People who think it's easy think all we do are quick pages. It's like voted when you're uneducated - people should just not give their opinions if they don't know enough about it. Therefore - I forgive them

Post Thanks / Like

My son (10) was watching me scrap one day and said... "wow, mom, it's like you are a computer artist". Music to my ears .

And when I went "digi" it was easier and harder... the technical parts were harder (cuz really I learned how to cut and paste in Kgarten, LOL), but the access was easier. I'll never go back, but appreciate artists of all genres, even our sisters of paper ;).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast