Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fonts and Just HOW MANY can one have or install and

OK I have gone fontbalistic!! I have tried not to get too many because I remember from the "old" days you cannot install too many???
    Is this still true? If so how many can you install? Is there a way to put fonts in their own folder open them and then in your program be able to use without installing? I have windows 7 and use gimp.
    Is there a font program that organizes your fonts by description?? Like eroded, script, etc....

Thanks in advance for your help on this....I have a ton of fonts i love just sitting unzipped because I dont want to crash my puter :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fonts and Just HOW MANY can one have or install and...........

i NEVER install new fonts because i've had crashes happen. i use fontloader by moon software. i'm trying to find a download link.... WHEW i finally found it! http://www.brothersoft.com/fontloader-160511.html

the program allows you to load & unload fonts onto your OS without installing them HTH!

3. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. One question before I install this one. I have font explorer. It allows you load fonts..(from folder)..but then they dont show up in gimp when I have them highlighted in font explorer...so I am wondering if it will be the same or if there are different kinds of loads??
    Or...can I select the font i want to use install then uninstall as soon as I am finished using it??
    I hate to install too many programs as I always seem to have trouble as the registry keys get changed LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

i'm thinking yes? fontloader runs as a little icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. when you click on it, a fly-out menu appears and you load your fonts from there before you start your editing program.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah...now there is a key thing to remember...you need to choose fonts before opening your program so that they will be available...hmmm. I am not creative enough to know where I am going with a page that I would be able to have my fonts all picked...oh.......lightbulb...you could save your page...(since I do text last) ...decided on fonts ...close program...load fonts...reopen program...use loaded fonts....( am i getting this?? )
    Thank you for your patience I seem to be a bit on the dense side this morning!! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

you can load them all at the same time if you want. it's not going to hurt anything ;) i usually load them all first thing in the morning, then restart my computer at night when i go to bed (which unloads the fonts). i have TONS of fonts and have never had any problems from this program - or crashes!

no problemo!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep forgetting just that one important step over and over...so I went to d/l the link you gave me and it is what I have..LOL..font explorer.
    So...now I am thinking...i "finally" must have the correct directions to be able to use..
    Load the fonts into font explorer...restart computer...next time I open gimp they will be available to use even though they are not installed?
    LOLOL I am going to have to do something special for you for having SO much patience with me this morning! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Crap then I posted the wrong link sorry! They aren't the same program. Ill see if I have a zip on my EHD somewhere. Moon software discontinued shell tools and fontloader so its really hard to find online

And no. If you restart the fonts auto-unload lol!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I thought it was going to work and loaded them...restarted computer and gone..I thought I must be the biggest dork on earth!! LOL
    If you cannot find that fontloader do you think you can just install and unintsall each time you use? WOuld that hurt your puter?
    I am going to make something for you because you have been SO good to me today and I feel I have taken WAY too much of your time.
    BRB :-)

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! i have noooooo idea what on earth you guys are talking about! LOL!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast