Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weight Loss Surgery

Glad to hear everything's gone smoothly! I have a coworker who had gastric bypass a few years ago. She is a constant nibbler. She eats pretty much anything she wants now, but it's always just a tiny bit: half a can of soda, a handful of chips, half a sandwich, etc. She also tells me she's not supposed to drink anything when she eats because her stomach isn't big enough to hold food and liquid.

Your sister looks great! I've considered having weight loss surgery, but I am seriously concerned about the extra skin and how fast it would age me since I'm only 25. My coworker is 52, but she looks like she's in her late 60s now that the "fluffiness" is gone from her face. Padding does keep faces looking young.

Just keep drinking water! Water keeps your skin young. And don't forget you're already beautiful, you'll just be healthier!

2. Likes trina513, photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear your surgery went smoothly and hope you continue well on your transformation journey.

Post Thanks / Like

wow!! I wanted to thank you all for all the well wishes, you're all amazing. Today is 6 days post-op. I'm feeling pretty good. I stopped my pain meds on Friday and haven't been in any pain. I've lost a total of 12 pounds since the surgery. I'm still pretty week, I've laid around a lot so I'll have to build my strength up again. The last couple days I've been getting out for a short walk a couple times a day, I can only do about 5-10 minutes at a time before I'm tired. Sure glad I took extra time off work, my job is pretty physically demanding. Today I'm going to go visit my mother and cook up a batch of food for her for the week. And turns out... I only have to do liquids for 1 week starting tomorrow I can begin eating mushy/pureed food YAY!!! I can hardly wait. I'm buying a bag of potatoes today!
    Carolyn
    My One Little Word for 2013: Progress

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're doing well, Carolyn. Keep us posted on your progress! xoxo

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to know you are recouperating well. I've had a couple friends from my water aerobics who have had the surgery. They are very happy they did.
    Keep us updated on your progress.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to thank you all again for your support. Tomorrow I go in for a a "fill" which means they'll put fluid in my band to create some restriction so my portions will become much smaller and I'd guess I'll start seeing even more weight loss. I've only lost 1-2 pounds over the last 3 weeks. Tuesday will be the 4 week mark for me and I'll have my "official" weigh in tomorrow. I believe I'm currently at 18 pounds lost since surgery. I can definitely feel the difference.
    Carolyn
    My One Little Word for 2013: Progress

8. Likes trina513, Jill DZines liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am new to the forum, and found your post. First off... congratulations and I too am glad that it went well for you! I was so glad to see this because I am about to have a gastric sleeve surgery on this coming Wednesday April 18th. I love how you are posting your week to week progress.. what a great idea! I am currently on my 5th day of liquid diet now and have been looking for a good protein shake. Most I get hold of tastes yucky :S If you find any blogs like you were looking for on recipes etc, please let me know. I'm looking for the same

Again .. congratulations on your progress!!!!
    Donna

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Donna,

The gastric sleeve is what my sister had. Here are pictures of her the day of surgery, Oct 2010 and last week.

Not sure how much she lost but she has gone from a size 26 to a 6 or an 8 now.

Good luck!!

11. Likes brenian4ever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there missi... thanks so much! I'm really excited as I have tried to do this for 3 years now. My insurance only just recently approved it.

Your sister has lost a lot looking at those pictures. I see what you mean about the age. She looks a lot older in the bottom picture. Does she feel a lot better now?

I am 48, I wonder if it will make me look a lot older too :S Something I hadn't thought about. I did think about the excess skin. Not crazy about that but just can't keep living like I have been. I am missing out on way too much life right now because I don't feel like doing anything. My poor 15 year old daughter never gets to do much because when I get home from work.. all I want to do is collapse. I feel like i'm trapped in thiis big body and I want to do things but then I'm just too worn out. My doctor says it's like carrying several 10 lb bags of potatoes around all the time. Those potatoes get pretty heavy...

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Donna, she feels great!!

And looking older is just one thing and not important if you feel great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast