Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weight Loss Surgery

I'm having it on Feb. 28th. Have any of you had it? Do you have any really great recipes you'd like to share? I'm looking for a support forum if anyone has any suggestions. I'd love to hear anything/everything you're willing to share.
    Carolyn
    My One Little Word for 2013: Progress

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weight Loss Surgery

I have a friend who had it and did well, but I don't know what her meals are like. My brother's friend did it and unfortunately he's had issues, but he didn't stop smoking either! I think his issues are brought on by his own habits.

Good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

My stepmom did it and she is so thankful that she did. She looks awesome and she is so happy. I don't have any suggestions for you, but I wanted to say congrats on doing it and making the decision. I know it isn't easy to do or an easy decision to make. I hope you do as splendidly as she did!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with it, but I wanted to wish you luck Carolyn! Please keep us posted with pictures of your progress, I just LOVE seeing the transformation it creates in people's lives! *hugs*

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I had the surgery on Tuesday. The surgeon said it went super smooth, one of the easiest he's done. I've lost 7 pounds so far, but I'm on a liquid diet for 2 weeks so I expect I'll loose a good bit during that time. I'm still in a good amount of pain but I'm at least able to sit up. I can sit at my desk for about an hour or on the couch with my feet up for a couple hours. I've been scrapping my journey, you can see my pages so far in my gallery. I plan to keep it up.... it's good to be reminded what I've been through so I won't allow myself to get into this position again.
    Carolyn
    My One Little Word for 2013: Progress

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it went well.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear it went well. I was thinking of you this week wondering how it went. Thanks for the update! Congrats!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it went so well and that you're recovering nicely! I'll be following your pages!

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I did a page for my sister that had the gastric sleeve done for her 1 year anniversary. She is VERY happy!! The only thing I have really noticed is that she looks older now, much older.

Here is the page I did for my sister

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...-later&cat=all

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're recovering well, Carolyn. I hope you continue to do well. I don't have any experience personally, but I wanted to wish you luck and can't wait to see your progress towards a healthier you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast