Thread: Dukan Diet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dukan Diet?

Has anyone tried this before? I've lost weight since January but I haven't lost any weight since around April 13th. I've hit a plateau and need to do something different.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dukan Diet?

never heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rhoda Jane, In France Dukan is a must do (lol but lot of people (more every year) it in oposition with the method...

I did Dukan Diet on january 2010
    I was 76 kg and was unable to loose weight. A friend of mine did it and i followed.

Between January and may (end) i lost 11,5 kg. Then i was unable to loose more.
    I didn't followed the last period (stabilisation) and i took 5kg back...

It was not a difficult diet for me because i prefer meet and fish than vegetables and i'm not addicted to sweets.

Hope i could help

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard of it. When losing weight one often hits a plateau and stays there for a while. One thing to do is increase the amount of water you consume each day, as well as soluble fiber. I've lost 37 since Aug. 1. I'm not really trying to lose anymore, just need to tighten it all up with exercise.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just have to say... that just sounds wrong

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of the diet, I have also heard that with a plateau you should go back to "normal eating" for a few days not gorging and eating tons, just more normal than what you have been doing then hit the diet again.

Not sure I expalained that where you can undestand it, but hopefully it makes some sense!

Post Thanks / Like

I"ve never heard of it. What I'm doing now is doing no sugar (artifical). I'm also not mixing carbs and fats at all. Low-carb always works, but it is unhealthy to not eat carbohydrates. But fats and carbs combined are a big no-no, they feed fat cells. I also eat fruit all by itself because it is naturally high in sugar, so that it can process alone. Then I eat either a meal of carbs and veggies that is fat free (like black beans with salsa and a whole wheat tortilla or a bowl of oatmeal flavored with truvia), or I eat a veggies and fats meal, which is my fav meal because I love cheese!! LOL. I did the diet last year and lost about 15 pounds in a few weeks, but then fell off the wagon - it is very hard for me to not eat tacos and burritos and pizza. This time I started a couple weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds. I allow myself 1 cheater meal a week where I can have what I want. That helps me to stay on track.

That was definitely not what you asked for, but thought I'd throw in my 2c lol

Akcent Guest

Hey guys,According to me that Dukan diet is actually initially a high necessary protein,
    lower carb diet. Dr. Dukan also has significant limits in fat, sweets and also sea salt.So
    i like the Dukan diet because this diet give us good energy and nutrition.