Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello from Denmark!

Hello! I love the Modern Mommy train so much I decided to stick around. It looks like there is tons going on here! I'm Lorry. I am an American married to a Dane and living in Denmark. I'm SAHM to a beautiful, wonderful nearly-8-month-old daughter, Dagmar Lee (D.L.). I'm pretty new to digiscrap but it seems pretty addictive already….

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Denmark!

Hi Lorry - welcome to Gingerscraps. I hope you join in on the challenges and have a great time here!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lorry, welcome! There are lots of challenges to keep you entertained here, happy to have you here!

Post Thanks / Like

Great to have you here! You're going to love it!
    ::temporarily taking a scrapping break for my sanity::

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lorry! Welcome to Gingerscraps!! We have lots of fun here

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lorry and welcome! You will fit right in here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lorry!
    I've seen you around in the SS's and I have to say your work is great!! Welcome to GingerScraps! Glad you decided to stick around We do have lots of fun in here

How are you liking Denmark? We lived in Germany for 3 years recently and I LOVED it! SO pretty there! I loved how things were much simpler (is that a word?!?!) Anyway, see you around!

~L

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

I like Denmark a lot! I do miss some things about the States but I think pretty much any time you have lived in more than one place you'll want all the best things about all those places. lol Danish is a challenging language but so far I'm still learning it faster than D.L. ;)

What part of Germany were you in? I've only been to Berlin so far, and I really want to visit Munich as well. My cousin was stationed in Germany for a while but unfortunately before I moved over here!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Danish would be challenging for me too! I actually learned German quite fast. It was easier for me to understand them when they spoke to me as opposed to me speaking it to them! I felt really stupid! LOL

We lived in a little town called Butzbach in Hessen Germany. Then halfway through our tour over there we moved to Giessen which is about 45 minutes outside of Franfurt. I didn't ever get to go to Berlin, I missed the free trip on that one but I did travel to Paris, Amsterdam, Nurenburg, Willingen, and Rothenburg. They were all beautiful!! Now that I think about it, I should totally scrap some pictures from there!

Quote Originally Posted by lorryfach View Post
    Thank you!

I like Denmark a lot! I do miss some things about the States but I think pretty much any time you have lived in more than one place you'll want all the best things about all those places. lol Danish is a challenging language but so far I'm still learning it faster than D.L. ;)

What part of Germany were you in? I've only been to Berlin so far, and I really want to visit Munich as well. My cousin was stationed in Germany for a while but unfortunately before I moved over here!