Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 resolution

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2012 resolution

I was sent a link to the KingArthur site last year & bookmarked the hotdog pan. That's just too cool! I'd never heard of one before, but if I made bread often I would want it!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the hot-dog bun pan is awesome... but I just looked at the price! I can make 3 months worth of buns for that price! LOL! But now I am inspired to try making hot-dog buns again. I tried making them a couple times, but that was when I was first beginning my bread-baking self-education, and they didn't come out so hot... But now, having learned MAINLY that they just usually need more time to rise than you think they will, I'm going to try making them again, and start with a bigger piece of dough for each bun, and let them rise more. If anyone saw my first attempts at hot-dog buns, they would truly be rolling on the floor laughing - they were SO bad! Hahaa! I ended up giving a couple to the dog and tossing the rest.
    My blog
    My shop
    (this will have to do until I can make one of those fancy signatures!) Hehe!

3. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoda Jayne View Post
    I bought a huge can of Vital wheat gluten from honeyville farms so I could make seitan. At the time I had no idea that people were allergic to it~
    Where are you located? I'm not sure if you got it shipped or not, or if honeyville has multiple locations, but I know of one not too far from me. I am in SLC, UT.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in southwest Arkansas. Honeyville's shipping is very dependable. Have you tried their freeze-dried meats?

Post Thanks / Like

my goal is 2012 is to lose all the "relationship weight" i've put on in the last 2.5 years since i met my boyfriend!

right before we met, i lost 40 lbs and 3 dress sizes and while i was still overweight, i felt perfect and loved how i looked (as did everyone else!).

then i met the MAN, lol!

he was raised on "fend for yourself nights" and is a taco bell and wendy's fiend. i was raised on my mom cooking every single day and fast food being an extremely rare 'treat.' so of course, i gained all the 40 lbs back i lost.

i started on a diet of lots of veggies and careful calorie-counting and lost 4 lbs from nov-dec, so that leaves me only 36 lbs to go--EEK!

i got myself a wii for christmas and my boyfriend bought me just dance 3. i also got the michael jackson experience and i've been sweating all over the place between the two games!

i've always liked dancing, so it's an easy transition from computer potato to wii dancer!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on a exercise and diet resolution since New Year's. I had gone through a bad depression, when I had lost my job. Was put on medicine and gained 43 pounds. I'm no longer on the meds, but the weight is still with me. Going through Menopause is not helping the weight lose process. It kind of makes it harder to lose. But, since January I have lost 4 pounds and am struggling, but doing it.

I love the Zumba for wii and Just Dance 2. It makes exercise fun and doesn't feel like I'm exercising.

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't gotten Zumba for Wii yet but I really want to!

I have PCOS, so it's incredibly easy for me to put on weight and super difficult for me to lose it.

Also, everyone on my dad's side of the family is well over 300 lbs. (I was 10 lbs when I was born--yikes!)

But I'm trying! What's your experience with Zumba for Wii?

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask what PCOS is?

I totally love the Zumba for WII. You can do one song, or a set, which is 4 songs, so it's really at your pace. I started with just the one song, now I can do 3 in a row. It's really fun, and like I said, you don't feel like your exercising. I've been slacking off though last week and only did it two days. New week though, so will strive for my 5 days again. Seems to be the only way I can lose weight is if I exercise everyday, so that's my goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieEnriquezDesigns View Post
    May I ask what PCOS is?
    I didn't know either, so I had to go find out. (I'm snoopy like that... haha!) Found this:

http://women.webmd.com/tc/polycystic...topic-overview

That Zumba sounds like lots of fun! I will stick with my treadmill though. I LOVE my treadmill and try to use it at least 5 days a week, unless I absolutely can't (which isn't often). I've had a couple spinal fusions, so don't think I bend the way you need to in Zumba... I'd look kind of like a zombie, I think.

I am also trying to lose weight, but I swear I am HOOKED on ice-cream! Have lost a few pounds, but it is SLOW going!
    My blog
    My shop
    (this will have to do until I can make one of those fancy signatures!) Hehe!

Post Thanks / Like

OK I have seen Zumba all over the place nowadays. What the heck is it? Is it like just dance?

Yes I'm severely out of the loop over here. Lol!

I'm an App! click here to get it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast