Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 resolution

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 resolution

I see that no one has posted in this forum for a while. My 2012 goal is to get back on track with healthier eating and lose weight. My goal is to "Eat Clean" and follow the guidelines and recipes in the books by Tosca Reno.
    Is anyone else starting a new plan?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2012 resolution

"Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I am reading his pre- revised edition. The other one is on hold at the library. It's been there about a month- and I probably still have 1 more to go! His books are so fascinating, but they also repeat things over again. I guess he wasn't expecting to have someone just sit down with the book and read the whole thing in just a few days. There are a few good recipes in there.

Basically, it's about eating mostly fruits and veggies- whole ones- with little to no meat. Absolutely no refined sugars. Little to no breads and pastas. The combos are his key. A lady I have been working for the past 2 months has eaten like this for the past 3-4 years, and she is amazingly so healthy. Plus, with me now trying to live gluten free this whole year. I've made it 2 whole weeks now! Let's see if I can make it past next December.

I would love to know what your eating plan is, if you don't mind sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have his book too! Lots of good information in there. If you check out eatcleandiet.com you can get more info on the plan. There is a grocery list PDF file that you can download also. If you read the eat clean recharged book it goes into much more details and eating lists for family, vegan, gluten free. The premise is to eat small meals about three hours apart consisting of lean protein & a complex carbohydrate. She calls these "cooler plans" because you can pack your insulated bag & take it with you.
    The books have lots of good information about living a healthy lifestyle.

4. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely check it out. Maybe I can put the 2 together. I was sick over last weekend. I actually started trying his recipes and I finally seemed to get over it. I was feeling really uncongested yesterday (just still sounded really bad), so I had lots (ok- like 2 or 3 cheese sticks) and today I feel congested again. I knew better anyway. I know it's only 10 days in, but I've made it gluten free so far! I resisted a muffin at a meeting yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still on my plan & I'm losing weight! Yay! It's coming off slowly & I sure can get impatient! I downloaded a free app from Itunes for my phone that is called My Fitness Pal. Keeping track of everything you eat is an eye opener!

Post Thanks / Like

My fitness pal is a great app! It really helps you keep realistic about the calories you're eating.
    I've been doing Weight Watchers since Dec and doing well. Slowly but surely right? I've sworn off chocolate. It's my drug abstinence is the key! Lol
    Sarah I am gluten free too, it's hard at first but gets easier. May I ask, are you celiac? Or are you choosing to be GF for another reason? Just curious, cuz I'm nosy like that I'm not celiac but I have an autoimmune disease and I feel much better and have less pain when I am off wheat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charmedeebob View Post
    I'm not celiac but I have an autoimmune disease and I feel much better and have less pain when I am off wheat.
    Yep, me too. Except that I really haven't noticed too much problems on or off wheat! My husband is gluten-intolerant, so there are actually more symptoms than being celiac (or so I've heard). I'd love to know some tips on how to best live with the autoimmune diseases, since I'm nosy like that!

Post Thanks / Like

well I could use some tips too I get tired a lot, so I try to rest, but then feel guilty for "not doing enough" and having a messy house, but I work full time so I have to do what I can. I have heard that avoiding "inflammatory foods" can be helpful, like tomatoes are from the nightshade family, things like that. Like I could ever not eat tomatoes though, pffft avoiding stress is a big one. when I'm stressed for a prolonged period, its pretty much guaranteed that I will come down with a cold and/or a flare after the stress subsides. I have also heard that fat itself is inflammatory, so being at a healthy weight is good for autoimmune diseases in general. I've just really been trying to focus on feeding my body not my soul lately. Its not always easy - I had my period last week and my soul was ready to rip someone's arm off and beat them to death with it for some chocolate but overall its helped me to think twice about what I eat and to be kind to my body.I am fighting some major hip pain right now, and once I get that under control, my plan is to wake early to do yoga in the morning before anyone wakes up. I love my house, and I especially love it when its quiet, perfect for yoga

Post Thanks / Like

Char, I really think you should check into Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book. He does talk about autoimmune diseases a lot and why we are getting them so much. (He specifically mentions Rheumatoid Arthritis and another I can't remember, but it wasn't mine!) His new book has tons of recipes. I've tried a few, and they are yummy and healthy! His teaching weren't completely new to me, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I will look into it, thanks Sara

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast