Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying Photoshop??

Any of you have any great tips on how to get Photoshop? I was thinking creative suite but I'm not determined - I am just looking for a good deal. Thought all you intelligent people might have some info for me Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Buying Photoshop??

If you're a student {or know a student who can order it for you}, you can get CS Design Standard 5.5, which comes with Photoshop CS5.1 and Adobe Illustrator CS5 for only $300. {retail value: $1300} That's what I got. Otherwise, all Photoshops are Creative Suite; the newest being 5.1.

I got CS4 a couple of years ago for $150 on ebay -- brand new, still in it's original packaging, so you can always check there.

Does that help at all?

Post Thanks / Like

I was goin to say the same thing - find a student! Best way to get a good deal!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Yep -- and all the student {or teacher} has to do is show proof {with a student/teacher id}.

5. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would say watch out with buying these kinds of programs on ebay or amazon. I bought CS4 on amazon and turned out it was a pirated copy (looked real though!). Make sure the person does have a good status as a seller. Even though this is not always the case just to let you know it happens.

7. Thanks MamaCake thanked for this post

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kat! That does help! I was looking at ebay some but I have to be careful I am not just getting an upgrade! I need the full version!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, for sure make sure that it's the full version. I have to add that the CS4 I got was the extended version {which I got for the animation}. CS5 has the animation built in and the extended version is if you want the 3D, which I never used.

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider posting that your on the lookout in the forums you visit. If your open to having an older version, you can buy one from a fellow scrapper that has recently upgraded.
    I know I always get upgrades once my uncle gets his newest. . He gives me his hand me downs once he upgrades, it is awesome! Don't you wish you had an uncle Henry
    But there are lots of scrapper upgrading, and then they have no use for their old version.

11. Likes trina513 liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Watch the terms of use on student versions! They specify they can not be used in any sort of money making format. So if you are designing with a student version, you can get in trouble. I also got my CS4 from ebay, but I had ordered 3 times before I got a legal copy!! I got my money back each time, but it was definitely a pain in the hiney!

Sitting here wondering where I can get an Uncle Henry!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kats Creations View Post
    If you're a student {or know a student who can order it for you}, you can get CS Design Standard 5.5, which comes with Photoshop CS5.1 and Adobe Illustrator CS5 for only $300. {retail value: $1300} That's what I got. Otherwise, all Photoshops are Creative Suite; the newest being 5.1.

I got CS4 a couple of years ago for $150 on ebay -- brand new, still in it's original packaging, so you can always check there.

Does that help at all?

13. Likes trina513 liked this post
    prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

my mom got me CS2 off ebay like forever ago LOL and i'm working on buying Kats CS4 now which reminds me.... sending payment now kat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast