Post Thanks / Like

Wink Posting freebies in the forum

I am new to the site and dont want to break any rules
    If I have made a freebie can I offer it in the forums and if so is there a specific place for this?
    Also is it ok if the freebie wasnt made from this sites kit?
    (I have just finished a really cute childs birthday card that I thought would be so cute to offer since it goes along with Ginger Scraps Birthday party going on!)
    I have this on my blog.
    Thanks for your help in advance!!
    Francine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Posting freebies in the forum

oh dear, sorry no one has answered you. I don't know the answer, but I will try to find out right away... thanx Francine!

Post Thanks / Like

Francine, there use to be a thread for just this kind of thing. I must be going crazy b/c I don't see it anymore, LOL. I'll also look into it for you. Thanks for your willingness to share... I think it'd be fun .

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

you are allowed to post about it in the "Blog" area, just start a post and let them know you have a cute freebie on your blog....
    if i am wrong some one correct me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    you are allowed to post about it in the "Blog" area, just start a post and let them know you have a cute freebie on your blog....
    if i am wrong some one correct me
    I took a peek and that looks right! Thanks so much for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm going to go take a look at it

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Rachel, your right
    In general you can post about what you have on your blog..... in the blog area.

Francine, what you need to be careful about it the TOU of the designers goodies your using.
    Usually it is not allowed to make anything to give away, using products from other designers, unless you have their permission.
    Designers often give away freebies on their blogs, but they are made using products they created themselves.

So although it is allowed to post about something fun you have on your blog..... it is in fact not ok to make something with a a designers kit and give freebies with it. Unless of course you ask the designer personally and get their permission.
    And just a general rule of thumb, we dont allow outside links, or promotion or ads to non-GS designer. But you linking your Blog is ok

Hope that all makes sense- and thank you for asking. I appreciate your consideration.

8. Thanks scrapolina thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingerScraps View Post
    Yep Rachel, your right
    In general you can post about what you have on your blog..... in the blog area.

Francine, what you need to be careful about it the TOU of the designers goodies your using.
    Usually it is not allowed to make anything to give away, using products from other designers, unless you have their permission.
    Designers often give away freebies on their blogs, but they are made using products they created themselves.

So although it is allowed to post about something fun you have on your blog..... it is in fact not ok to make something with a a designers kit and give freebies with it. Unless of course you ask the designer personally and get their permission.
    And just a general rule of thumb, we dont allow outside links, or promotion or ads to non-GS designer. But you linking your Blog is ok

Hope that all makes sense- and thank you for asking. I appreciate your consideration.
    Thanks so much for your input! It is truly appreciated! I make freebies for the designers that I CT for. I always let them preview the freebie before offering it on my blog. I was so happy to be able to offer this one since you are celebrating you birthday and I have had so much fun at t your celebration. Just wanted to give back in some small way :-) Thanks again for personally answering and all the great info. I am so happy to have found this site!! A new playground!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!! Congrats on your birthday for the site!

10. Likes Psychozoe liked this post