Now that summer has given way to September, I am hoping you all will be joining me for my twice-monthly Scrap'n'Chats! I'm kicking things off tonight with some great fun!
Join me in the GingerScraps chatroom at 6pm PT/9pm ET for some scrapping and giggles. I've got some simple steps planned for tonight, and I am giving you until tomorrow morning to post and link your layouts - now how great is that??
I also have a fun participation prize for all who post & link a qualifying layout by the deadline. All who join me tonight and have a layout posted by Saturday morning (7amPacific/10amEastern), will receive my Squiggles.Lines.Dots mini kit as a prize!!
I look forward to seeing you in just a little while here! I will also update this post with our steps as we go, although tonight is so simple there might not be much need for that!
We are in the chatroom, and here is where we are starting:
Tonight we are using a SKETCH for our challenge layouts. How many of you have created layouts directly from a sketch?
This is simply an outline of a layout to inspire you and help you create a great page!
1. Here is my scrap sketch for tonight:
2. With the sketch for your reference, select 3 papers to layer and 3-6 photos to use.
3. Select the embellishments you will be layering under the edge of the overlapped papers: flowers and leaves or stars or circles or whatever you like! Layer them up good and thick!
4. Add your photos to the left side and add some frames or mats and lots of other embellies.
5. Add some stitching or other decorative edges to the papers.
6. Add your title/journaling/quote on the right and embellish it. Voila!