Post Thanks / Like

Default Downloads not opening

Hi
    I downloaded (Fresh Baked, The Kit) and when opening it almost half of the files don't open. They say the file may be unsupported, damaged, or corrupted. Its about the top half of all the folders downloaded. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Elisa

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Downloads not opening

do you have a slower connection speed? i will get that same error if it takes awhile to download something, because it interrupts the downloading process....
    the most help i can offer is, when i have this problem, i download one file at a time and dont have anything else going no browsing or anything, and i keep an eye on it. and then it seems to download right
    i hope this helps you, if not i hope someone can pop in here and offer some more advise

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you are having problems!

Try what Rachel said - one at a time, and see if that helps. Please let us know how this works.
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    do you have a slower connection speed? i will get that same error if it takes awhile to download something, because it interrupts the downloading process....
    the most help i can offer is, when i have this problem, i download one file at a time and dont have anything else going no browsing or anything, and i keep an eye on it. and then it seems to download right
    i hope this helps you, if not i hope someone can pop in here and offer some more advise
    I have totally had to do this, too, b/c I live in the country and my internet pops in and out. Sometimes not even noticeable when browsing, but even a short disruption will stop the DL. That said, please let us know if it doesn't work and I'm sure someone in charge *cough, Shannon* will check it out further for you. I do know that I have DL'd that kit w/o a problem, but it's been a couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help, I tried downloading them 1 at a time and the first half of the files of every link still only show as a png file but it gets the same error and wont actually open anything. For example, the GS_FreshBaked_ellies2 file: It looks like they are the same images as the ones that do open. Why are there two of every file. LOL. I am sorry for all the confusion. I just don't get it.

Thanks Elia

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes this happens when the person who zipped the files used a Mac. I wonder if this is the issue? If so than the files you can't open are the same as the ones you can they are just in a different format. When this happens to me, I just delete the ones that are un-openable.

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

yeah what amy said for that issue