Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 6/15 Non-Chat Chat

Love your layout, MamaCake! It's lovely, colorful, original, interesting, etc.! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaCake View Post
    That was fun! Thanks for the GREAT template!
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...create&cat=500

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your kind words and concern, Carolyn! The power did go out, but during yesterday afternoon, not last night. We had one thunderstorm after another yesterday: in the morning, in the afternoon, and then a gazonga one last night. And wouldn't you know it, but when the one hit last night and I tried to shut down my 'puter, that's when good ole Microsoft decided to install updates ... 13 of them! I tried everything short of turning my 'puter off or pulling the plug, I was so nervous with all the lightning, rain, and thunder. Thank goodness, my 'puter finally got thru all that and I could shut down safely. After that, I stayed off till now (about 10:30 am here) since we had another shower this morning. I live in the "rainforest" part of the island, and it's usually pretty damp here anyway, but now it's downright soggy! You are right about it being beautiful, though ... I love it here, storms and all!

Quote Originally Posted by cfalbro View Post
    Yikes!!! That sounds scary. As I was reading your post I was wondering where you were from. I'm originally from Florida in the good ole USA and got to experience all sorts of fun stuff like hurricanes and tropical storms and Tornados. So glad to not have that here in Washington. Much better. St. Croix huh? I didn't know people actually lived there, I thought they just vacationed there (just kidding). It must be beautiful.

Can't wait to see your LO. You have untili 11am Pacific time (which I believe should be 2pm your time). I hope you'll post it anyway, even if you don't finish quite on time. And hope you're safe from the storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Your layout is SO lovely, chigirl! It's as soft and pretty as you are. I'm willing to bet that you are a GREAT Nana, loaded with love and hugs for your children and grandchildren!

PS: Does the "chi" in "chigirl" stand for "Chicago" by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by chigirl View Post
    great challenge and wonderful template, thanks so much. here's what i did with it.

Post Thanks / Like

You girls are doing GREAT!!! You still have about an hour and 15 minutes to get your pages in. Coupons will be going out through the day, so be on the look out in your PM boxes here at GS.
    Carolyn
    My One Little Word for 2013: Progress

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Mine...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakeley3 View Post

I am trying this again. Layout in Member Gallery but am having trouble figuring out how to make it show up here.
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...n-chat&cat=500
    So glad you joined us! Here's how get the LO to show (it's not intuitive, don't worry, it's not you, LOL)

In gallery, right click the big image of your LO and choose "Copy Image". Then come here and hit the "Insert Image" icon (tree pic) and paste your image url (will end w/ .jpg). To get it to link so we can give you love, then highlight that whole thing you just inserted, go back to the gallery and copy the URL at the top. Then back in your post, click the "insert link" icon (world) while that is still highlighted and paste.

I always have 2 tabs open when I do this. Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
    Last edited by jenevang; 06-16-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! Am I too late? I just got done ... as usual, I do too much tweaking ... LOL! OK, now, where do I go to post this? ... hmmm ...

Post Thanks / Like

Can't post - in member gallery but very small - very, very frustrated. I worked very hard on layout and now cannot be viewed at full size.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . .
    It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your help - am probably too late for deadline. Even my post in gallery looks small and fuzzy - it's not. I worked very had on my layout and now you can't even see the details. I really appreciate that you took the time to try to help me

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . .
    It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my LO ... I hope I get the links right the first time ... hooray! I think I did! Wooo-hoooo!!!!!

Journal strips read as follows:

(1) Asking me why I scrapbook is like asking me why I read ... because I’d go crazy
    without it! Thirty years ago, I learned an important fact about myself, that unless I
    read before bed each night, whether a little or a lot, I become unsettled. Once I
    started scrapbooking, I discovered the same is true.

(2) I’ve worked as an editor, librarian, and English teacher all my life, professions
    that require a lot of exactness. Now I want to be messy. I want to play with colors,
    shapes, and design instead of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

(3) In 1965, I began a book of clippings and quotes, taping everything down. In the
    1980s, I bought magnetic albums from Walmart and learned about acid the hard way.
    In 2005 I spent a fortune on eBay buying paper, embellishments, and rubber stamps.
    Then I discovered digital scrapbooking and totally fell in love with it.

(4) The digital scrapbooking community is the most supportive online community
    I have ever encountered. Forget Facebook! The people one gets to know at sites
    like GingerScraps are the real thing! And when a catastrophe happens somewhere
    in the world or when one of their members suffers a loss, the outpour of compassion
    and help is amazing.

(5) Living more than 2,000 miles away from family and friends is sometimes lonely.
    By posting the layouts I create at various places on the WWW, folks back home
    can keep up with what I’m doing and I can show them my love, especially my four
    beautiful grandchildren.
    Last edited by mskinsey; 06-16-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: to add info contained in journal strips

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast