Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's time!

Quote Originally Posted by fdgtgrl View Post
    Live Strong is a good App too for iPhone (don't know if there version for other phones)
    I'm there too !!! Yesterday I stepped on a scale and it said I've gain yet more weight
    It is really time for me to do something about it *sight*
    I got a membership to 24h fitness through Costco but haven't started going yet :-/

Just can't motivate myself: aggrrr !!!
    Okay, I'm here to say, YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!! I did activate my Fitness Boot Camp, just have to wait for the time slot to open up. Then I don't have a choice, it's only 4 weeks, and I already paid for it, I have a babysitter lined up to watch the kids since they're done w/ school next week - and I KNOW it will motivate me to keep moving once I go! Can you tell I'm trying to stay positive here!!!! I'm sure I'll be complaining up a storm after I go with how sore I am. I've heard these boot camps are brutal! But, I'm not going to get anywhere w/out doing the work!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody interested in a little competition? Teams. Points for healthy habits. Incentives (of some kind)... I need a kick in the very large part of me that seems to follow me around! I can organize somethin' somethin'... Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenevang View Post
    Anybody interested in a little competition? Teams. Points for healthy habits. Incentives (of some kind)... I need a kick in the very large part of me that seems to follow me around! I can organize somethin' somethin'... Just a thought.
    YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Jen, that would be awesome! Maybe that would be the motivation I need!!! If you're willing to organize that would be FABULOUS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

 I'm in !!!

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

We'll see if we can cook up something... either way, we'll still be here to challenge each other!

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh - what's in it? I like competition ;)
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Well !!! I'm on the wrong track already
    Still haven't hit the gym and eating wise, let's just say that it's not easy with a DH who is as big as a tooth-pic and can eat for 10 without putting an ounce on !!!

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in. I joined the Bggest Loser at work, but can;t stay motivated!

Post Thanks / Like

I just joined Weight Watchers and in 2 weeks I'm down 5 lbs. I'm so excited! I have worked on picking up my activity little by little. The biggest thing for me is just keeping track of everything I eat. Sure makes me aware of how much I snack with my kids and while on the computer!

I'm in this for the long haul - I have a lot of weight to lose - so anything to help with the motivation is always welcome!
    ~Jacque~
    Blog | Facebook | Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fdgtgrl View Post
    Well !!! I'm on the wrong track already
    Still haven't hit the gym and eating wise, let's just say that it's not easy with a DH who is as big as a tooth-pic and can eat for 10 without putting an ounce on !!!

that was and is the hardest part for me... for the most part I eat pretty well, still eat too big of proportions!!! But my hubby has a very high caloric diet to keep his muscle mass... ugh... soooooooooooooooo needless to say when he gets home from work at almost 8:30 p.m. he is putting in a Digiorno pizza and filling the house with that smell and asking if I would like a slice.... even if you are not "really" hungry your mind sure can fool you into thinking you are hungry when someone is eating around you like that ... hours after you ate dinner...
    But for the gym I don't have trouble staying motivated.. I think it is because of the classes I take.. they make me look forward to going , but before I started taking the classes I would find excuses not to go..Babysitter is not a problem because they have daycare there.. but I suggest maybe trying a class or have a friend go with you so you both are accountable to the other if you don't go... I take zumba 3 times a week and then hit weights for a 1/2 hour after.. and the other two days I do 30 minutes of weights and 20 to 30 minutes of stair master or elliptical ! At first I was discouraged because my weight was not going down.. but I knew I was doing something because all my clothes were fitting better I started doing measurements and found that I was gaining muscle mass... things that were sqeezable were no long soft and mushy but muscle now... and finally when I started zumba I lost 7 lbs... I have more to go don't get me wrong but.. at least it is a start.. I think I would do alot better if I didn't drink the things I drink.. two cups of coffee every morning with plenty of sugar and countless amounts of southern sweet tea throughout the day..... ugh.......................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast