Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Sarah is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Our First Hybrid Lesson!! Look in here girls!

OH!! And I forgot to mention: they have SHAPED POST-ITS!! I got apples for Madi's teachers [they split up the kindergarten during the day ;)] and a star for her bus driver. They had hearts, and butterflies, and flowers.

Plus neons, and pastels. It was AWESOME!!

Oh, and if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a "school supply" nut, so I was in hog-heaven looking for this stuff!!

Oh, and I got Velium things to use on the design because the quotes fit the idea I'll be doing. Anyone know how to use those? No instructions were included, XD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-ICS View Post
    OH!! And I forgot to mention: they have SHAPED POST-ITS!! I got apples for Madi's teachers [they split up the kindergarten during the day ;)] and a star for her bus driver. They had hearts, and butterflies, and flowers.

Plus neons, and pastels. It was AWESOME!!

Oh, and if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a "school supply" nut, so I was in hog-heaven looking for this stuff!!

Oh, and I got Velium things to use on the design because the quotes fit the idea I'll be doing. Anyone know how to use those? No instructions were included, XD.
    I use vellum a lot when I made cards. You can use it just like paper, just give it some extra drying time. I let it sit for about 5 mins (probably way overkill) and I don't have any trouble with ink smearing.

I use Scotch vellum adhesive (the makers of Scotch tape) and it fully disappears on most vellums (they come in different weights). Most adhesives will show through the vellum even once they're dry, so I usually experiment with a little piece to see if it does what I want it to. I use glue dots sometimes, because I want the little dot effect (glue dots will show through the vellum). Sometimes I use brads, too.

*Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
    I use vellum a lot when I made cards. You can use it just like paper, just give it some extra drying time. I let it sit for about 5 mins (probably way overkill) and I don't have any trouble with ink smearing.

I use Scotch vellum adhesive (the makers of Scotch tape) and it fully disappears on most vellums (they come in different weights). Most adhesives will show through the vellum even once they're dry, so I usually experiment with a little piece to see if it does what I want it to. I use glue dots sometimes, because I want the little dot effect (glue dots will show through the vellum). Sometimes I use brads, too.
    I got the glue stick, plus the Scotch glue, um, 2-way [stick and "precise]. I'll check out the vellum glue tomorrow. So didn't think of that when I was there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-ICS View Post
    I got the glue stick, plus the Scotch glue, um, 2-way [stick and "precise]. I'll check out the vellum glue tomorrow. So didn't think of that when I was there.
    I should add that it comes on a roll... just so you're not looking for a bottle or stick.

*Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
    I should add that it comes on a roll... just so you're not looking for a bottle or stick.
    I think I saw it at Walmart, I just didn't pay attention. I think I'll end up buying some brads or something to attach them [they're quotes], so add some depth and texture
    And so I don't have to worry about glue showing through ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE brads. Can't wait to see what you make. I almost exclusively use vellum for quotations, too. It just looks cool.

*Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm hoping to finally start this tomorrow, XD.
    Michael's didn't have chipboard or anything I needed They said only Hobby Lobby had it and it's hard to find Hobby Lobby open here. I got 8x11 canvas [3 / $9.99]. Nice and strong, with a nice little texture.
    Had to go to Office Depot for the photo paper. They were the only place that had it. O.o Every other store only carried gloss

missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, hopefully I get this done this week! YIKES!! I am doing them for Rachel's Teachers AND all my Girl Scout Leaders! I am VERY excited!

Harmonystar is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: HarmonyStar

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine! I used Behind the Reeds by digiscrapbooking collab
    I used a cereal box for my cardboard and it worked great! I didn't find the ink so I didn't ink the edges, but I sanded them down anyway.
    I never found the kind of glue Julie suggested so I used the Scotch scrapbooking glue. It worked ok, but I had some corner trouble. I think for my next batch I'm gunna use my spray glue. That's good stuff!

Thanks Julie! This was great. I'm making 1 for me and 1 for my MIL and one for my Mom and one for each of the ladies I visit teach. Yay! 8 in all!

Here's my preprinted version.

Post Thanks / Like

Those turned out great RAchel! So pretty!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast