Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Our First Hybrid Lesson!! Look in here girls!

I couldn't find chipboard at Michael's today. I either just didn't see it or they didn't have any. Julie, where do you get yours? Do they have it at Wal Mart?

I got that distressed ink in Vintage Photo
    Some Cutter Bee scissors (I cannot find my fiskar thing with the slide cutter - have no idea what it's called - but I think it's in storage)
    a crap ton of ribbons - they had some 5 for $1 rolls going on (reg .50 ea) and I got some really cute $1 a roll. I figure if I don't use it for this I can always extract some for kits.

Still need to get the big bracket - only saw the small ones at Michael's. And some chipboard. I don't want to use cardboard.

Oh and matte paper.

and some wire. Where do you get that wire??

I am heading out again tomorrow, so Julie, if you see this let me know about the chipboard & the wire. Thx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misobrien View Post
    I couldn't find chipboard at Michael's today. I either just didn't see it or they didn't have any. Julie, where do you get yours? Do they have it at Wal Mart?

I got that distressed ink in Vintage Photo
    Some Cutter Bee scissors (I cannot find my fiskar thing with the slide cutter - have no idea what it's called - but I think it's in storage)
    a crap ton of ribbons - they had some 5 for $1 rolls going on (reg .50 ea) and I got some really cute $1 a roll. I figure if I don't use it for this I can always extract some for kits.

Still need to get the big bracket - only saw the small ones at Michael's. And some chipboard. I don't want to use cardboard.

Oh and matte paper.

and some wire. Where do you get that wire??

I am heading out again tomorrow, so Julie, if you see this let me know about the chipboard & the wire. Thx
    I cant believe you couldn't find chipboard at Michael's, they must have been out because I know they carry it..I got mine at Ben Franklin, its our local craft store, they sell it by the sheet for like $1.00 a sheet or so. I live in the country...Michaels is like 45 min away.
    IDK if Wal Mart has it, the Wal Mart I go to (45 min away again lol) has a pretty big scrappin section, I've seen the little chipboard tags and letters there but i haven't really looked for the 12x12 pieces there. I hope you can find it, it is nicer than cardboard.
    The wire you can get at Wal Mart it's in the beading section, that's what I had it for it's 24 gauge beading wire, they should have a few different colors.
    The binder clip you can get at Wal Mart too but in the school supply section the Matte photo paper too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemomof4 View Post
    I cant believe you couldn't find chipboard at Michael's, they must have been out because I know they carry it..I got mine at Ben Franklin, its our local craft store, they sell it by the sheet for like $1.00 a sheet or so. I live in the country...Michaels is like 45 min away.
    IDK if Wal Mart has it, the Wal Mart I go to (45 min away again lol) has a pretty big scrappin section, I've seen the little chipboard tags and letters there but i haven't really looked for the 12x12 pieces there. I hope you can find it, it is nicer than cardboard.
    The wire you can get at Wal Mart it's in the beading section, that's what I had it for it's 24 gauge beading wire, they should have a few different colors.
    The binder clip you can get at Wal Mart too but in the school supply section the Matte photo paper too.
    Okay, totally OT but you just made me miss Indiana with the mention of Ben Franklin. They don't have *anything* like that here in Kansas. Even Hobby Lobby is half empty most of the time [and only open 9am to 6pm].

And I forgot to check Walmart while I was there. I was going to snag a picture with my phone, if they did, so I could give an accurate idea on cost. *grumble*

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I finished my first hybrid project (Kit credits are in gallery).

I made mine 4"x6" and added this month's and next month's calendars so they were handy. I printed it on cardstock since wear isn't anything I needed to worry about since I'd make a new one for June and July. It printed perfectly using normal print settings. I kept my clip black because I liked how it matched the black doodles and just used some ribbon scraps I had laying around.

Thanks SO MUCH for this project idea.
    http://gingerscraps.net/gallery/show...php?photo=2278

Without the stickie pad...
    http://gingerscraps.net/gallery/show...php?photo=2279

Post Thanks / Like

This looks fanfreakintastic! I love the idea with the calendars. You are super smart!
    Quote Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
    Yay! I finished my first hybrid project (Kit credits are in gallery).

I made mine 4"x6" and added this month's and next month's calendars so they were handy. I printed it on cardstock since wear isn't anything I needed to worry about since I'd make a new one for June and July. It printed perfectly using normal print settings. I kept my clip black because I liked how it matched the black doodles and just used some ribbon scraps I had laying around.

Thanks SO MUCH for this project idea.
    http://gingerscraps.net/gallery/show...php?photo=2278

Without the stickie pad...
    http://gingerscraps.net/gallery/show...php?photo=2279

Post Thanks / Like

Cute idea adding the calendar. Now, you can change up the kit every two months as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Jenn thats so awesome! Way to take the project and really make it your own, thats terrific!

Post Thanks / Like

Jenn that looks awesome!!! Great job!

Thx for the help Julie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies! It was a lot of fun and super quick and easy! I think it took me longer to do the photo shoot. LOL

Thanks again, Julie! I ordered some of those glue sticks, too. I couldn't find them locally, but definitely want to try them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Jenn! I left you love in the gallery! That is co cute! Love it!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast