Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Our First Hybrid Lesson!! Look in here girls!

Jenn...Yes, those big nail files work great! Thanks for adding that!

Misty..Hmm a deadline..how about 2 weeks...so, like around May 1st (Edit..No deadline, just have fun!)

Marie...That is so true, the dollar store near me has a huge scrapbooking section, I get all my ribbons there and buttons too, and Wal Mart has tons of stuff too, and the great thing about Wal Mart is you can get your craft supplies and your groceries in one stop! Wal Mart is 45 minutes from me, but I still go there!

I can't wait to see hows your turns out!!
    Last edited by Juliemomof4; 05-07-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Julie, Have you had any problems with the ink from your printouts fading or getting moisture on it and ruined? I know with inkjets the ink isn't real permenant. I was just wondering what experience you've had with it.

In the past (before I was a busy mommy) I would use art fixidant spray to spray some of my printed out stuff then I can use stuff like modge podge on it. But I think It still fades. . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonystar View Post
    Hey Julie, Have you had any problems with the ink from your printouts fading or getting moisture on it and ruined? I know with inkjets the ink isn't real permenant. I was just wondering what experience you've had with it.

In the past (before I was a busy mommy) I would use art fixidant spray to spray some of my printed out stuff then I can use stuff like modge podge on it. But I think It still fades. . .
    I haven't had any problems with fading but on a lot of my projects I do spray them with a clear acrylic spray, and from what I understand mod podge works fine with printer ink as long as you print on good matte paper.
    Check out this Article

Post Thanks / Like

Ooo I aparently need to be using different paper! I usually use cardstock, normal paper, or glossy photo paper.

The fading does take years. Spraying may help, I didn't do that with my older projects. Stuff that is constantly in the sunlight is also more likely to fade. I have a clipboard with pictures and notepads and stuff on it that I gave to Ryan's mom and she has it on her fridge. The sunlight shines on it everyday and it's faded really bad, but I made it 6 years ago I believe. I didn't spray it. I'm curious to know if that slows or even stops the process.

I've talked to Ryan about getting a professional printer that uses a different kind of ink, but so far it's still to pricey. Anyone have one of those? do you like it?

By the way, this project is super cute! I may have to try it out, then give it away, then hubby can't complain about me having too much "junk" around before we move. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemomof4 View Post
    I haven't had any problems with fading but on a lot of my projects I do spray them with a clear acrylic spray, and from what I understand mod podge works fine with printer ink as long as you print on good matte paper.
    Check out this Article

Post Thanks / Like

ooo I am so excited!! this weekend I am heading out to buy all the necessaries

I can still spend time with the fam AND scrap a bit, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well, so much for getting what I wanted to last night DH decided that he was going to "monitor" our spending this week. BLeh!!! Hopefully though after this weekend I can head out and get what i need! LOL!
    ::temporarily taking a scrapping break for my sanity::

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, I know where I'm dragging my husband while the car is getting it's brakes fixed!! Michael's, here I come!!
    This would be perfect for my mom, and for my sister

Post Thanks / Like

Cute project! I'm in. I'm going to go the no spending route and use stuff I have laying around the house.

These would make great teacher appreciation gifts!!!
    mary of plum dumpling designs
    plum dumpling designs blog

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

THAT was my first thought!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plumdumpling View Post
    Cute project! I'm in. I'm going to go the no spending route and use stuff I have laying around the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plumdumpling View Post

I never thought of that!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast