Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Our First Hybrid Lesson!! Look in here girls!

Ok..for all you girls who wanted to do some hybrid projects with me, here is your first project!! It's easy and fun and makes a great gift...so...here we go!

We are going to make a post-it-note-holder! Like like this one...

Pretty cute huh! I think they would make great little gifts!

So the first step is to go open your photo editing program, I use PSE6. Choose a kit, I used our Spring collab kit. Pick out the papers and any elements you want to use.
    Measure your Post-it-note-pad, mine is 3x3 inches so I opened a new file in PS that was 4X4 inches, just a little bigger that the post-it's. Drag your paper onto the new file and resize it. You will also need a little piece for the clip. The best way to print it out is to open a new file that is 8.5x11 and drag your completed little square into that file...
    Here is mine printed out...

I printed enough little squares to make 3..why waste paper! See the little pieces for the clip. I print these on Matte photo paper. It's my choice for all my hybrid projects.
    Next you need to cut them out, easy! Then lay your cut out square on a piece of chipboard, or if you done have any chipboard you can use thin cardboard, or even a recycled cereal box would do. Trace around your square and cut it out. Glue them together! I use the pioneer extra strong glue stick, Like this...use plenty of glue...get the edges real good...

See, not hard so far! You following me?
    Ok, now comes the fun part, of course these steps are optional but they will make your project POP!
    I like to sand and ink my edges, the sanding makes the edges smooth and even and holds the glue down better. It also gives it a nice look.
    And the inking really makes it look professional and give nice texture.
    Here is my ink and sanding block, the ink is called "Distress Ink" the one I use is by Jim Holtz, it is a dye ink not a pigment ink, pigment ink takes too long to dry for distressing. Any dye ink will work. They are about $3.00-$5.00. The sanding block is by Making Memories from the scrapbook dept of the craft store, but you could use some sandpaper your hubby has laying around the garage.
    Here are mine...

Here is a close up of the inked edges, after you sand, just take a Q-Tip and rub it in the ink then all around the edges of your project!
    Here is a close up...

See, still not hard !
    Do the same steps to your little piece and glue it to the front of the clip.
    Put your post it pad on your square and hold it together with the clip!
    Of course, I like to add even more fun..so out comes the ribbon. Just tie it on the clip! Easy! Now I am not rich...LOL and all my ribbon came from the dollar store I threw a little piece of pink wire on there too!
    Here is a close up!

So, what do you think!? Cute and easy! Cheap too. You can hang it on the wall right were you need it!
    Here is a list of the supplies I used
    PSE6, Printer, Matte Photo paper, Digi Kit/papers, chipboard, gluestick, binder clip, post-it-notes, ink, sanding block, ribbons.

So, lets see some hybrid girls! I am so excited to see what you all come up with!

Please post ANY questions you have!! ANY!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Our First Hybrid Lesson!! Look in here girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemomof4 View Post
    Ok..for all you girls who wanted to do some hybrid projects with me, here is your first project!! It's easy and fun and makes a great gift...so...here we go!
    Please post ANY questions you have!! ANY!

That is so cute Julie! What is chip board?

Post Thanks / Like

What brand of glue stick is that? I need some uber strong glue for my embellies since the one I've been using doesn't work as well anymore...

Post Thanks / Like

That looks awesome Julie! I will have to put that on my to do list And that is reasonably flat and could be mailed to my mom for Mother's day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    That is so cute Julie! What is chip board?
    It's like a smooth cardboard, white on one side and brown on the other. Get in in the scrapbook section of your local craft store or online...here is and example. http://store.scrapbook.com/nm-k57cb12126.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
    What brand of glue stick is that? I need some uber strong glue for my embellies since the one I've been using doesn't work as well anymore...
    No a regular glue stick does not work as well, I use this one...
    The Pioneer Extra Strong Embellishment Glue Stick
    http://www.scrapbookgifts.com/extra-...lue-stick.html

Post Thanks / Like

Julie- You KICK BUTT!!! hm will I get the ****??? Well If I do B U T T

We need to advertise that your doing this!! It is gonna be so fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemomof4 View Post
    No a regular glue stick does not work as well, I use this one...
    The Pioneer Extra Strong Embellishment Glue Stick
    http://www.scrapbookgifts.com/extra-...lue-stick.html
    Thanks.. I know regular glue sticks aren't that great, but somehow, my normally good glue stick isn't sticking so great.. That made me sad. I'll definitely pick-up some of this glue... that made me happy.

Also, I use regular old nail files to sand my chipboard, too... I picked-up these great 4 sided nail files for under a buck someplace or another. They work great... so if someone can't find the sanding block or sand paper, maybe they can raid their purses!

Thanks for the really cute project. Can't wait to make a few!

Post Thanks / Like

Julie, do we have a deadline?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited!! Also, I just wanted to add, that most $ Stores now have a scrapping section because its gotten so popular so you may want to check there as well for distress ink and embellishment glue! I have to go to walmart today so I'll be picking up the supplies for this today!! I can't wait! Good job Julie!
    ::temporarily taking a scrapping break for my sanity::

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast