Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default help !!! how to create a photobook ???

Ok, I had a wonderful photographer but chose not to get the album from him as I wanted to created it myself and do some LO for it.
    I also had the option via the videographer to get a couple parents albums but that is not working out: I've reduced my photos selection from 900 pics to 120 and yet it's not enough. They want only 72 photos or else they want to charge me 3$ per extra pic !!! Originaly they were the one who were supposed to pick the pictures by extracting them from the video ... Then they said the it would be best if I use the photographer's photos ... Then suddenly I was allowed to only 72 ...
    Needless to say that I'm furious ...

So, I'm turning to my last resort which is to create the photobook myself. BUT HOW IN THE WORLD DOES ONE GO BY TO DO SO ???

PLease HELP, I need a tutorial ASAP !!!

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help !!! how to create a photobook ???

Have you looked at Persnickety Prints? I'm not sure if this would help -- http://persnicketyprints.lifepics.com/net/Photo-Books/
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

The Persnickety Prints program is very user-friendly and will guide you step by step. Here's some wedding inspiration:
    http://persnicketyprints.lifepics.co...tInspired.aspx

Or, you can do an internet search for photobook companies. There are a TON out there! There's Persnickety Prints, Shutterfly, Inkubook, Picaboo, Winkflash, ArtsCow, and many, many more! You'll find a whole range of prices and of print quality, so it's best to do some good research on each option before decidig. Most all have a pretty easy interface. It's just a matter of selecting the photos you want to include, uploading them, and then inserting them into the premade templates available through the phtobook software. It goes together pretty quickly!
    Last edited by StarWarsFans; 05-05-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Have you looked at Persnickety Prints? I'm not sure if this would help -- http://persnicketyprints.lifepics.com/net/Photo-Books/
    Yes, I've been there: thanks.
    But there are pre-made templates with backgrounds and stuff that I don't want I just want to put a LO of mine on each page !!! --> make a wedding book out my digital scrapbook pages ...
    That's where I'm stock !!!
    I was frustrated and tired last night and couldn't figure it out maybe I should try again ...
    Something just clicked !!! I'll use a custom book, plain white, erase everything from the pre-set book and add a pic/LO per page and make it the background: how that ???

Hoo !!! Amazing what a good night sleep can do ;)

Thank for your help !!!
    Although if someone comes with a tutorial on how to use the book creating interface that would be great ;)
    I'm silly like that {{blushing}}

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

There is an option at persnickety to UL your own LO's [your 'wholely' created page---not sure that is a real word]. Not only there but at Scrapping Simply, shutterfly and others, as I've done it at all of them.
    Hoping you were able to get the rights to the photographers pics.
    I recently completed my DD+SIL's wedding album....135 pages [12x12], 515 photos [from 10 cameras], 61+ digi kits/26 designers.
    Yup...a bit over the top.
    The book is beautiful.
    m

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    There is an option at persnickety to UL your own LO's [your 'wholely' created page---not sure that is a real word]. Not only there but at Scrapping Simply, shutterfly and others ...
    May I ask which place you prefer ???

And I'm bad with acronym: what do those mean UL, DD, SIL ???

I did say I was silly like that didn't I ;)

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

We love Persnickety Prints here at GingerScraps! In fact we have a coupon code you can use to save 10%!! Just use gingerscraps as the code!
    ~Shannon

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

i will only use Persnickety Prints myself, they do the most wonderful job, and i know i can trust in them that when my print arrives it will look just like it did on my computer screen, nothing will be cut off and colors are always beautiful

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a tutorial on how you can create a full bleed photo book with your own design... http://persnicketyprint.blogspot.com...hoto-book.html
    If you prefer the silver halide printing process, like we do, we have just completed our manufacturing of these 12x12 customized post-bound albums. Once they are available to order, you may use the code gingerscraps for an additional 10% off

Post Thanks / Like

I am LOVING the new photobooks too!!! Sooo cute!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast