Re: May 6 SS with Melinda
Yes, you can do the SS here, or in the Chat room which ever works, here is the first direction, and I will be posting them all right here as well as the chat room.
1. choose a background paper (solid or patterned) and then stack that with a solid paper on top in the center.
2. I have really been enjoying blocking. All the layouts that I see with blocking appeal to me. Blocking is just several square pieces of paper, that are lined up evenly. They can be different sizes or the same size. For simplicity sake lets do ours all the same size. I'm going to make 6 square blocks at 3.5 x 3in, Feel free to make your square any size you want to. Line up your 6 squares in 2 rows either horizontal or vertical on your layout. Use lots of different patterned papers for your blocking.
3. Now for choosing the pictures. Put at least 4 pictures in a row, so it looks like a photo strip. Mat them all on one strip of paper. Your pictures can go horizontally or vertically, it is your choice. The size is also your choice, mine are 2.75 x 2.25in. Offset/rotate your photo strip a little bit, and place it somewhere on top of your paper blocking.
Optional: Duplicate your pictures and mat, and offset it just a little bit more behind your first photo strip.
4.Use lots of stitches to hold down your block paper squares from step 2. I put all my stitches behind the photo strip, but on top of the blocking.
5. Add at least 10 elements (not counting the stitches)
6. Put a nice big bold title on your layout, and your journaling on a mat. It would be fun if your title, or part of your title could go vertical instead of horizontal. Not a must though, because I know you make your title to fit your layout, not the other way around.
7. Add shadows, final touches and anything else your layout needs in order for you to love it. Post it here and in the SS Gallery under challenges. And don’t forget to leave some love to the other layouts! Thank you for joining me. I had a blast!
You have until 8:00 p.m. MST to finish then I will send you out a participation prize and a coupon to Pretty in Green's store