Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

A gall at The Digi Chicks answered this:
    I use Illustrator to convert to SVG and Sure Cuts A Lot (the 3rd party software) to cut the template with the Cricut.

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question for Hybrid gals

You can do this using SCAL (Sure Cuts Alot) using something called the hinge method. I'm still learning by Teri is really good at doing it. I'll point her to this thread so she can give you some tips.

Also, SCAL is in litigation with Provocraft. I know they just came out with a version 3 that is no longer compatible with the Cricut but for right now you can still by Version 2 but I don't know how much longer it will be available. Just thought I'd share that for those of you sitting on the fence about it.

Juliemomof4 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Creations By Julie
    *And most importantly... My Sister!! <3

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see those tips.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd send an update. Here's what we can do: we can convert PNG files to SVG files which then makes them cuttable on die cutting machines like the Cricut. I don't know about other machines, but for SVG files to cut on your cricut you have to have a software called Sure Cuts a Lot (SCAL) or Make the Cut. I have Sure Cuts a Lot (SCAL) so I don't know much about Make the Cut (There was a lawsuit against Make the Cut by Provo Craft the maker of the Cricut so it no longer works with Cricut, but does work with other cutting machines). What I have NOT been able to do is print out my PNG image and then convert to SVG and cut out that printed image. It is doable with one exception - because of the discrepancy between printing you image, placing it on your cricut mat to cut and the SCAL software - it doesn't cut out the image precisely. It's "off" so to speak, so essentially looks like a bad cutting job. If anyone knows of a way to correct this, I'd love to know. I believe that's is why Provo Craft came out with the Cricut Imagine (it prints and then cuts w/out removing it from the machine - but SCAL -to my knowledge-does not work with this machine)

The workaround for this is to print out your digital papers, apply to your cricut mat, THEN cut our your converted image through SCAL with your Cricut. Julie and I are working on some tutorials for anyone who may be interested in this. We'll probably have 2; one for older files that you may already have showing you how to convert to SVG (it's not that hard, just a few simple steps with a free program called Inkscape), and 2 (Julie, correct me if I'm wrong) she is working on including SVG files in her newer releases!

Hope that helps anyone who is interested!

Post Thanks / Like

Jamie... I have been doing this on my cricut so if yall need any tips let me know. I use Scal2. Has really worked well for me. T

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Terri, you can print the image and then have SCAL cut the printed image? I would love to know how to do that! Do you have a tut on how exactly to do this? Feel free to PM me or post here if you don't mind) - that would be a DREAM if that is possible!

I have SCAL2 also.

Post Thanks / Like

I will get something on this hopefully tomorrow. I have a busy day, quite possibly having to put my dad in the hospital. But yes you can print, and then have scal2 cut it out for you even adding a slight shadow to make a white border, just like a real stamp! How cool is that? T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12