Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for Hybrid gals

For any of you Hybrid gals out there, I have a question. Do any of you own a cricut? If so, are you able to cut any of the PNG printed files on your cricut? (Instead of printing the images and then cutting them out by hand, which is what I assume you are doing for your hybrid projects).

I would love to do some hybrid projects, but I would like to use my cricut to cut the images - so if anyone has done this or knows how...please, please share your knowledge! Thank you!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question for Hybrid gals

I have a cricut, but I dont have the software that allows you to cut files form the computer. I will be back with some info for you. I don't think you can cut png files..I think they are a different type of file, but I will find out.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one, I wish I did, I believe you can cut SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) files, but you'd need something like Illustrator to convert a PNG to a SVG. If you want to email me an image I can convert it and email it back, I'm curious to see if it would work and if it does ...I just might have to buy one.
    Last edited by Lisa; 04-14-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have the software that allows you to cut the SVG files. It's called Sure Cuts a Lot. I did find a video on youtube that showed how to do exactly what I was asking; however, it's not as easy as it looks. I do have a program called Inkscape that does allow me to convert my PNG files to SVG. The problem is getting it precise enough to cut out the printed image. I will continue to play around and see if I can tweak it enough to my satisfaction. I like the idea of some hybrid things, it's just that I don't want to cut by hand - that's why I loved my cricut so much! Hopefully I can get it to work! I'll keep you posted! Thanks girls!!

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep me posted. I need to learn how to convert my png or psds to svg before i sell them and include them in the DL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Julie, I'm sending you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

UGH! Julie I thought I sent you a PM...for some reason it didn't go through...I will try it again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemomof4
    Please keep me posted. I need to learn how to convert my png or psds to svg before i sell them and include them in the DL!!
    That would be SUPER AWESOME !!!
    I always wanted to buy a Circut but didn't want to have to buy the cartridge as I wanted to use my digi kits ...

fdgtgrl -->Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

@ jtbusman: thank you for this thread. I'm VERY interested is the responses and how your finding turns out: please let me know ;-)
    PS: I've a Mac ...

fdgtgrl -->Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Happy Digi Scrap'n ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Jamie is so awesome and she is checking on this right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast