Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check in on your path to health for the week of April 1st!

How are you doing this week ladies? Struggling? Or are you kickin those extra calories to the curb? Are you exercising? Or only surfing the Internet? Let us know your latest happenings on your path to health!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check in on your path to health for the week of April 1st!

I've been reading these posts for a few weeks, and decided to join in myself. I need support and motivation

In the last few months, I've dropped from 185 to 159. I was stuck at 165 forever! I didn't think I'd ever get below it. My goal is 140.

I lost the first 20 lbs just by eating less. I love food and tend to eat a lot, so I just started trying to pay more attention to my hungry/full cues and not overdo it. After hitting the plateau, I finally went back on low carb, and it definitely did the trick.

My biggest challenge is exercise. I have exercise-induced asthma and low muscle tone, so every time I try to exercise, I just end up sick or hurt. It's very frustrating.
    Lori

Post Thanks / Like

*waves* Hi Lori!!!
    that is an awesome weight loss, way to go on being so mindful of your eating! I hear you on the exercise, its so hard to be motivated. have you tried swimming? its great for non weight bearing and I bet it would be easier on your asthma. Even if you just romp around the pool with Alaric you will burn calories ;)

Post Thanks / Like

This past week has been really good for me, thanks to my new phone! Once I got my smartphone, I dove right into the world of "apps". I found one called "My Fitness Pal" and it has made a huge difference for me. I keep track of my caloric intake with the app and it helps me stay on track. Before, I did a lot of mindless eating that I didn't even realize I was doing. For example, my daughter is potty training and gets rewarded with 2 M&Ms when she uses the restroom. I didn't even realize that I was "rewarding" myself each time I rewarded her. I was sticking those M&Ms in my mouth without even thinking. Now that I am keeping track of everything, I realized I had to put those in my calorie diary. They add up - FAST! So now I don't eat any. I'm not supposed to have that much sugar and I don't need those extra useless calories.

By doing this for 10 days straight, I have lost 1 lb. That might not seem like much, but if you've been following my postings on this from the beginning, you know that I've been stuck on my "set" weight for months now and couldn't get it to budge. So this is HUGE! I've got 4 lbs. to go to be at a comfortable weight and 9 to go to get to my ultimate goal. By keeping track of my calories and continuing to go to Zumba two times a week, I feel I can actually accomplish this. The app also really helped me to make good eating choices when I was on a trip this weekend. I was able to look up calories for different meals at each restaurant on my phone and then make the best decision. I highly recommend "My Fitness Pal"!

Post Thanks / Like

ooh, good tip Tricia! I was using that app when I first started my diet, it really does make you VERY aware of what your calorie intake is! its super easy to use too. I haven't used it in a while because the diet plan I'm on is pretty much the same every day LOL... but I will use it again when I'm putting regular food back into my diet for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been bad altely - my hubby and my bet is up April 19th - and I havent weighed myself in over a week - and havent been good abotu doing my exercises or exercising either :S I'm afraid to step on the scale - but I maybe should today to know how much I need to lose yet - I was only about 0.3 lbs away before (still would like it ideally lose 10 lbs) but that was the goal I set on Wii Fit at the time
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Char, that's a great idea about swimming. I will have to hang out in my friend's pool a lot this summer. Alaric loves it, too.

Tricia, congrats on the 1 lb lost! That app sounds great. I wish I had a smartphone. I use fitday.com to track what I'm eating and my weight. It's free. You can also track your measurements and keep a journal.

Trina, good luck with your bet

This morning I'm down to 158. Not bad considering I haven't been eating as well as I should this week. I'm determined to get back on track today. No more finishing the last few bites of my son's ice cream or rice just so it doesn't get wasted.

My pants are seriously starting to fall off. I have to tighten my belt to the point that my pants are all bunched up around my waist. But I'm afraid to try on a smaller size yet lol. I don't want to be disappointed if they're still tight.
    Lori

Post Thanks / Like

I love when pants almost fall off, it feel so rewarding
    I've been "blessed" by my first period in almost 2 years today. UGH UGH UGH. But it does explain the raging need for chocolate lately! I'm hoping to get back on track after these few horrid days LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Pants falling off are GREAT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charmedeebob View Post
    I love when pants almost fall off, it feel so rewarding
    I've been "blessed" by my first period in almost 2 years today. UGH UGH UGH. But it does explain the raging need for chocolate lately! I'm hoping to get back on track after these few horrid days LOL!
    I remember when mine returned when my baby was 14 months old. One of the blessings of extended nursing- so that was 23 months without a period. Anyway it returned (very unexpected and unprepared) when I as on vacation the day before my birthday- I think "she" was out for vengeance lol.

Ladies my husband I a are going to start p90x this month. We have to read all the literature about it first. I am excited AND scared. I'm only telling you because I will need the accountability. It will include exercise and an eating plan. I'm excited about the exercise (even though I know it is going to beat me up), but I'm scared about the self-discipline. Anyone want to do p90x with us? lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast