Thread: I Need To Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Need To Blog

You know, I see you all blogging. I really need to blog (haven't since Jan) but I never know what to write. I kinda feel that I say everything I need to say in the weekly newsletter here.

What do you all blog about? How do you keep it interesting and fresh?
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I Need To Blog

Yeah I need to blog too, but othe than new releases I don't really have much to say lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Umm.. I pretty much only blog my LO's and kit previews. I don't feel like my personal life is that exciting to share. Same with FB -- I don't share much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    Umm.. I pretty much only blog my LO's and kit previews. I don't feel like my personal life is that exciting to share. Same with FB -- I don't share much.
    I feel the same way with my blog. Nothing exciting. I do share a lot on fb, but only on my personal page, not fan page.

Post Thanks / Like

I find myself not using my blog much either. I only seem to get there when I have something new to release and then I try to coordinate with a freebie. I've actually thought about giving up the blog all together now that everyone seems to be on Facebook. I can do the same things on my Facebook Fan page as I can do on my blog and I think people interact more than they do on our blogs because it's easier to leave a comment or simply "like" but I'm torn as to whether to do that or not.
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all are talking about giving up your blogs and I am working on getting my 3rd one up and running! (Can you say nerd) They each serve different audiences and I do struggle sometimes with what to write. I am building a plan and am working mostly on getting them ready for when I have a bit more time to devote to them. Right now I do good to write on each one once or twice a week.

For my digiscrap blog right now I am doing research so I can write a few more posts about using Gimp. Plus of course I love sharing other peoples stuff! One of the easiest posts you can write is just a quick list of a few things that caught your eye while surfing! Or for designers - you could do posts of layouts in your gallery that caught your idea. People love to be recognized for their work! I do tend to agree with you that Facebook has made it very easy to do a lot of the same things. But there really are still tons of people reading blogs every day. I actually found digi-scrapping not quite a year ago after finding out about blogs in April. One of the homeschool blogs I was reading was talking about digi-scrapping and I looked into it and fell in love!

So I think blogs can be an important part of networking but they are definitely more time consuming than say Facebook or Twitter!

Anyhow - I think you've inspired a future post Shannon. Maybe I'll call it "Things Shannon could blog about" - what do you think? I'll be sure to come back and link you up when its done!
    ~Jacque~
    Blog | Facebook | Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - blog about me and not knowing what to blog about. Then I'll blog about you doing that and we can create a giant circle...lol
    ~Shannon