Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Mario Brothers Inspired Kit

I know that Mario and Luigi and all things related to them are copyrighted and strictly belong to Nintendo. BUT, my son is seriously into Super Mario Brothers for the Wii right now. It's all he talks about and wants to do. We have to limit him, because he would play all day if we'd let him.

So, I am on the hunt for a kit that is done in primary colors and features things like cute little mushrooms, turtles, square bricks, clouds, flags, coins, yellow stars, a grey castle, etc. Like I said, I know that actual Nintendo items cannot be included, but I would think that a kit "inspired" by it would not cause any infringement problems. The kit could also include general gaming things like a T.V., controller, etc.

I'm not the only one on the hunt for such a kit. Almost everytime I look at the ISO thread at DST, someone is looking for a Super Mario kit. So I think a designer could really find a target market with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Mario Brothers Inspired Kit

That would be a fun idea! I think we are planning on a Super Mario/Nintendo theme for my son's birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have a kit like this on my to do list! I'll bump it up and see if I can get it done in the next couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes! I could really use a kit like this as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Ellie! Thanks!

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

have you seen MandyMade's We Like To Play shes got the turtle shells and mushrooms

Post Thanks / Like

I did see that and I like a lot of the elements for scrapping photos of us playing Wii Sports, but I really wanted the more true primary/Mario colors for the pics of my son. I'll definitely keep it in mind though. Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that I came across that awhile back!
    Last edited by StarWarsFans; 03-18-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

YES ELLIE! That'd be awesome! And Tricia - are you sure you're not talking about MY son?!? LOL totally him - on the DS or Wii! I think we're going to do a Mario bday for him too (thanks Colleen ;) LOL) After two years of TRANSFORMERS I'm ready for a change and that was the only thing he'd agree to! LOL
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Ellie let's talk!!

My husband just graduated college with his degree in video game making. My children all have DS's - 2 have DSi's and the 4 year old has a DS. My husband and the 2 older ones are now getting the 3DS when it comes out next week. The 4 year old will then move up to the DSi.

Video games are huge in my family -- especially Nintendo!
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

So what would you guys like to see in a Mario themed kit? I have the colors down and instead of Mario and Luigi I have both boys and girls of different colors dressed in blue overalls and green or red shirts, like this:

My trouble is trying to make things similar enough that they are recognizable, but not similar enough to create problems with copyright. I didn't think it would be so hard, but it is! lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast