Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check in on your path to health: week of Mar 4, 2011

Good morning all my healthy scrappers!
    How was your week? Did you make healthy choices this week? Even one time of making a healthier choice is a success!
    Tell us if you got any exercise this week and what you did. What's your favorite type of exercise?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check in on your path to health: week of Mar 4, 2011

My week was pretty great, I made good choices almost all week and I am now down 22.5lb I put another pair of pants in the "too big" pile this week which feels GREAT!!!! We went out for dinner once this week instead of eating at home because I needed a lazy day but I ordered an omelet with egg whites and veggies and that is ok on my diet. I "cheated" with the bacon and cheese that was in it, but I still lost so I am happy LOL
    I am having trouble getting motivated to start regular exercise though! The weather has been so GROSS that outside exercise is practically out of the question. I am not getting up at 6am to walk in the snow, sorry! Tell me the funnest Wii or XBox Kinect fitness challenge you have done, maybe that will get me moving indoors!

Post Thanks / Like

WHoo hoo... that is so awesome Char Way to go on your eating for the week. I did REALLY good too. Lost 1 1/2 lbs this week. That's not much, but I am only 5lbs away from my goal. I didn't cheat this week at all. My sister is coming up this weekend and my family will all be here. I have healthy meals planned. They all eat healthy so that is a BIG help. DH's birthday is monday so I already plan on having my cheat meal that night, but that is ok.

I work out 3-4 times a week. My brother owns a personal training studio and offers group classes. It's a set time and he sets the work outs. There is NO slacking, well you can but everyone else is working hard so it's great to keep me motivated. The set time is also great because I can't just say "oh I don't feel like working out tonight". We don't have a wii or xbox, but that sounds like fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over again. Unfortunately this week was a "gain" week. My goal is to get this 5 lbs. off and keep it off and then ultimately lose an additional 5. I lost 30 lbs. 2 years ago (technically just 25 now!), but just am having a hard time maintaining. I do Zumba and enjoy it, but watching what I eat makes the biggest difference and I'm slacking in that area!

Post Thanks / Like

Wooohooo Char! I feel ya with the exercise part lol.... I don't weigh in until tomorrow but so far I've maintained keeping off the 6lbs. This week I was okay?....I guess not gaining is a plus It was a busy week with getting things ready for vacation and so that did not help with my eating habits. We are trying to get rid of most things in the refrigerator before we leave. The real thing I'm worried about is next week while on vacation. I am going to try and opt for healthier things but sometimes that is just not the case. We will see how it goes Hopefully with all the walking I'm doing it should help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshmella View Post
    WHoo hoo... that is so awesome Char Way to go on your eating for the week. I did REALLY good too. Lost 1 1/2 lbs this week. That's not much, but I am only 5lbs away from my goal. I didn't cheat this week at all. My sister is coming up this weekend and my family will all be here. I have healthy meals planned. They all eat healthy so that is a BIG help. DH's birthday is monday so I already plan on having my cheat meal that night, but that is ok.

I work out 3-4 times a week. My brother owns a personal training studio and offers group classes. It's a set time and he sets the work outs. There is NO slacking, well you can but everyone else is working hard so it's great to keep me motivated. The set time is also great because I can't just say "oh I don't feel like working out tonight". We don't have a wii or xbox, but that sounds like fun.
    that's great Michaela, you are super close to your goal, woohoo! I find planning ahead is a HUGE help when I'm trying to eat healthy. I plan several days at a time, shop for the groceries and then there is no excuse to grab something yucky at the last minute! plus it helps when I'm working that hubby has dinners all written down. if I didn't do that, I'd come home to a steak with no veggies or anything else LOL! that's awesome that your brother has the workout studio. I can't get myself motivated to actually leave the house to do stuff like that, you are dedicated to go so often! I know, I should really listen to the cartoon in my doctors office that said, "you don't have time to exercise? really? do you have time to be dead?" lol

I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over again. Unfortunately this week was a "gain" week. My goal is to get this 5 lbs. off and keep it off and then ultimately lose an additional 5. I lost 30 lbs. 2 years ago (technically just 25 now!), but just am having a hard time maintaining. I do Zumba and enjoy it, but watching what I eat makes the biggest difference and I'm slacking in that area!
    I think many people go up and down those 5lb Tricia, its better than going up and down those 30lb for sure! I know you had a tough week so I can understand where the motivation might not be there. *hugs* you can do it girl, start fresh every day

Wooohooo Char! I feel ya with the exercise part lol.... I don't weigh in until tomorrow but so far I've maintained keeping off the 6lbs. This week I was okay?....I guess not gaining is a plus It was a busy week with getting things ready for vacation and so that did not help with my eating habits. We are trying to get rid of most things in the refrigerator before we leave. The real thing I'm worried about is next week while on vacation. I am going to try and opt for healthier things but sometimes that is just not the case. We will see how it goes Hopefully with all the walking I'm doing it should help!
    maintaining is great too, you can't have a huge loss every week! especially with fridge clean out week LOL...we have those weeks too, it can make for some interesting meals :P all that walking will help for sure, but sometimes vacation spots just don't HAVE healthy options! good luck, try bring some healthy snacks with you so you don't have to eat all fast food options, but most importantly, have a great vacation!

Post Thanks / Like

ok, I was REALLY REALLY bad this weekend. My husband and I went away for the night and of course we ate out for lunch, dinner, and breakfast and I did not eat healthy. Now tonight is my weigh in at weight watchers and I am opting in not going because I get so embarrassed if I gain. My scale won't work so I can't weigh myself to have an idea if I did gain or not. It is just horrible. I have been doing good since I got home, I just wish I didn't have to eat at all but I get so darn hungry, lol. I did workout on the treadmill at the hotel and just about killed myself, I even felt nauseaus after. I need to get some will power so when I go out to eat I don't indulge. I just cannot get past that 13 pound mark and it is driving me crazy even though it is my own fault. So I need to make a decision on whether to go tonight or not, what do you all think? I should probably just go and suck it up.

Post Thanks / Like

GO LISA!!! even if you gain, those support meetings are crucial! don't be embarrassed, I can guarantee you aren't the only one there who had a challenging week! don't beat yourself up, everyone has ups and downs, and if you let yourself feel bad about it then you won't feel like staying positive and keeping up the healthy changes you've already made. good for you for getting back on track since getting home, everyone needs to indulge SOMETIMES!!! in fact, shhh....I had popcorn at the movies on Saturday
    do it girl, you are doing awesome and don't let one weekend ruin your progress!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Char, I am going to go to the meeting and face it head on and hopefully have a good week this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray good for you! Leet us know how it goes, I hope it re motivates and energizes you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast