Post Thanks / Like

Default Check in on your path to health: week of Mar 11, 2011

How was your week everyone? Did you do well? or did you have a bummer week? Tell us all about it and we can move forward together!

Thought of the week:
    I was discussing weight loss with a customer yesterday and she brought up a show she saw about weight loss. She said one of the girls on that show said, "I wake up every morning on a diet and I go to bed every night a failure.". Can anyone relate to that? I sure can, I've been there! I think it's an excellent thing to remember to not beat ourselves up for making less than healthy choices, staying positive and loving yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check in on your path to health: week of Mar 11, 2011

so true char!! now that we are starting to get better around here, i weighed myself and i'm still at 3lbs lost. Now, I know that I have gone up a bit. However, we were at Disney world and there is NOTHING healthy there! LOL So, I gained 2lbs, got a lot of walking in and I'm okay with that I'm headed to the grocery store tomorrow and we are getting back on the healthy foods again.

To tell you the truth, when we came home late at night after driving all day, I opened the fridge and saw my fat free mayo sitting there and I immediately got excited! I was so happy that I would be back to eating good things that would make me feel great as opposed to all the greasy burgers and fries we had to eat all week! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree there really isn't any healthy food at those places! I'm glad you're excited to get back on track!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks char i'm also happy with myself that i'm not beating myself up for getting off track... it's hard when you go on vacation but at least i'm still wanting to get back on the saddle! i think in my younger years i would have given up! it's also nice to come in here and tell how i feel and everyone is so encouraging! i know we can do this together!

Post Thanks / Like

Its been a year, March 14 since I started my healthy lifestyle change. While I can say I have lost a substantial amount of weight, I did get off track the first few months of this year. I am officially back on my low carb diet hoping to get about 20 more pounds off making it a total of 50 pounds. I can say this week, I have done well. For me I have to include exercise along with my diet. And I couldnt do it without my best friend, who we stay accountable to each other several times a week. We share weight, what we have eaten, etc. Also, I have to say, without my low carb bread from Julian's Bakery I would never have made it! It only has 1 net carb! Its the best. I have ordered 6 loaves at a time to save on shipping. I will eat it the rest of my life. Tastes like good whole wheat bread!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard people say that Diet is one of those bad 4 letter words. This is a lifestyle change -- for the rest of our lives. That makes me feel better when I slip. Then again that is also bad when I want to cheat -- If this is for the rest of my life then what is bad about 1 _____.

Today I'm back on track. I've been bad lately...like real bad. I decided being full on healthy full feels so much better then being full on junk food (just the difference is incredible).

I just need to find a way and motivation to keep going.
    ~Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Shan! I know what you mean about motivation.... I think I am getting my period this week (for the first time in almost 2 years thanks to pregnancy and breastfeeding) and I want chocolate so bad that I could quite cheerfully rip someones arm off and beat them to death with it if they stand in my way

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charmedeebob View Post
    I want chocolate so bad that I could quite cheerfully rip someones arm off and beat them to death with it if they stand in my way
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!! LOVE IT - and remind me NOT to stand in your way!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

After a week off for Spring Break, I'm back to doing Zumba 2 nights a week. I feel like I've done a pretty good job on my eating choices so far this week, although the ocassional chocolate craving does prompt me to eat a handful of my daughters potty-training reward M&Ms every now and again. ;) I still can't seem to break past my "set weight", but the exercise is helping me to tone, so I'm happy with that.