Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Sugar Diet

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Sugar Diet

So I am embarking on a No Sugar diet. Not a super strict no sugar, just like no candy, sweets, baked goods {my fav} etc. I have been at it a week and doing really well. However, I am still crazing candy like CRAZY!!! Any ideas on good things to eat that will curb my sweet tooth? I have heard apples, but I only like apples with fruit dip AKA loaded with sugar. thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: No Sugar Diet

Good for you Steph! Try to increase your protein, I think that really helps curb your crab cravings. If you need a sweet fix try a yogurt dip and you can sweeten it with Splenda or Stevia. Maybe someone else has a more inspired suggestion than me!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a tough one. I quit eating sugar a couple months ago. The cravings are still there, but no where near as bad as when I first quit. I sound like a smoker.. lol. I love candy! ALL of it!!! The hardest time for he is after supper. I usually eat some applesauce or some fruit like Char said, but I haven't found anything that really gets rid of that craving. Give it some more time and you should find you think about it less.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Stevia. When I have cravings, I munch on some raisins. They are nice and sugary in a natural way.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean Michaela, I feel like an addict with my sugar cravings lol!!! Now that I've been off sugar about 5 weeks, I don't have the physical cravings I did, now its more a mental thing, which is still tough, but I find easier to battle than both combined!

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh applesauce! That sounds like a good one!! I LOVE candy. This time of year is especially hard because I LOVE jellybeans and GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!! My weakness! Thanks for the ideas, I'll be trying them all. I almost caved last night and made cookies, but then my 3YO got sick and took up all my attention. Thank Goodness!

Colleen is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful with your applesauce! ;) You might want to try and get the kind with no sugar added. I hate that the ADD sugar to fruit, applesauce, and juice all the time! I only buy the no sugar added stuff. Then I have to be careful for the no sugar added stuff because then it can sometimes have the artificial sweeteners that I don't want either! ;)

Fruit smooties with yogurt? I'm not sure on the sugar content, but they are pretty yummy! I also make homemade yogurt parfaits with yogurt, a squirt of honey, and lots of different berries. I'll get the frozen berries. I'll layer all of this together the night before, so by morning, all the juices from the fruit have mixed in and made the yogurt all yummy!

I just say fruit in general for sweetness. Pineapples are usually pretty sweet, and I can usually get them "in season" all year round. Clementines - these are soooo good and sweet!

I found a dried mango without any sugar added that is super sweet and tasty! I can eat a whole pack in one sitting! LOL

I hope you are finding some things that are helping!

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - fruit is HIGH in sugar - but its "natural"

I too hate that they add sugar to fruit juices and stuff - it's sweet enough w/o it! I dont like when they trick you with all the artificial sweetners - how can they be any better for you? eek.

I cut out my sugars when i was pregnant due to hovering dangerously close to gestational diabetes. It was hard at first - but it did get easier. I keep thinking now I should go back to that - I ate much healthier then - and maybe I could beat my hubby at our weight loss contest quicker ;) hee hee!

Colleen - I wanna know where you found your dried mangos w/ no added sugar - I LOVE MANGO and DRIED MANGOS! And so do my kids!! We make our own - works great towards the end of the season - we can get mangos super cheap at sams! But this time of year they just don't carry them. All the ones around here are LOADED w/ sugars
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Yogurt parfaits sound absolutely delish. Yum. Much better then the protein bar I currently eat for breakfast! What kind of yogurt do you use? I find that yogurts seems to be high sugar and high calorie to. Plus I am lactose intolerant, so I never buy it, but I want a parfait!!! LOL

Colleen is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Yes - fruit is HIGH in sugar - but its "natural"

I too hate that they add sugar to fruit juices and stuff - it's sweet enough w/o it! I dont like when they trick you with all the artificial sweetners - how can they be any better for you? eek.

I cut out my sugars when i was pregnant due to hovering dangerously close to gestational diabetes. It was hard at first - but it did get easier. I keep thinking now I should go back to that - I ate much healthier then - and maybe I could beat my hubby at our weight loss contest quicker ;) hee hee!

Colleen - I wanna know where you found your dried mangos w/ no added sugar - I LOVE MANGO and DRIED MANGOS! And so do my kids!! We make our own - works great towards the end of the season - we can get mangos super cheap at sams! But this time of year they just don't carry them. All the ones around here are LOADED w/ sugars
    Let me think on the mangoes. I think I was in the cities when I got them. The ones at Walmart down here are loaded with sugar. That was the SECOND ingredient!

When I find them, I will pick some up for you. However, I want to be hooked-up with some of your fresh, dried mango this summer! I will glasly supply you with a box of mangoes from Sam's!! YUM!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast