Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check in on your path to health: week of Feb 25, 2011

Hey healthy scrappers, how are you all doing today?
    How was your week? Tell me about your challenges and your successes, no matter how small! If you were challenged by that piece of pie at the family get together, but said "no thank you", that was a success!
    Your fun fact of the week, I've found you a FREE recipe book! Go to this link and click on the top left where it says "Order Cookbooks". I ordered the one for Healthy Family meals and it was 100% free!
    http://hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check in on your path to health: week of Feb 25, 2011

Hello! My week was pretty good. I did eat a piece of cake at my niece's 4 yr bday party on Tuesday. LOL! I do allow myself cheats though. It helps me so I don't feel so guilty and I can get back on track easier. I don't want to cheat and feel like a failure and then quit. KWIM? It's also my time of the month, but I usally struggle the week prior so I am doing good.

How was your week Char? I seen you got fit into some pants that haven't fit you in a long time!!! That is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

This week was awful for me. I fell of the bandwagon HARD. My husband had to go to work early and work late all week which is always really hard on me. My 2 kids (ages 2 & 4) always seem to act their very worst when Daddy isn't home much. When you add my health problems flaring up this week as well, it just equals stress with a capital "S".

And what do I do when I stress? I eat. What do I eat? Crap! I'm supposed to be on an all natural, sugar-free, gluten-free diet. When I stick to that my weight is maintained and my health problems don't flare up as badly. When I choose to eat sugar and gluten and other junk, it starts a downward spiral. I put on weight which depresses me, my health goes down the tubes, and then I get stressed and eat even more junk. It's a vicious cycle that I need to pull myself out of!

So, I've decided that starting tomorrow I am drinking just water and eating only fruits and vegetables. I'm going to be much more concious of what is entering my mouth. It helps that DH will be home tomorrow and is going to watch the kids for me so I can de-stress. So here's hoping that next week will be much, much more healthy!

Post Thanks / Like

I did great until last night. The whole week was going well, but at ladies night a woman who was painting with our group brought cheese and slices of Italian meat! I don't normally ever even want those things, but I did last night.

Post Thanks / Like

! I'm laughing inside reading all of these comments because I really want to cry! I know how all of you feel. I also fell off the wagon and tapped into those extra weekly points that I'm allowed. I felt terrible after eating fast food! My body was not at all used to it and I swear I'm still bloated from it! Anyway, it's ok that we all "cheated" a little. It will only make us stronger and more concious of what we are eating! Here's to next week ladies!
    Last edited by Laura; 02-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok everyone! Today was my weigh in...... despite the fact that I had me some McDonald's, and a frappe, I still lost 2 pounds! Man I was sweating it but it totally worked out! It just goes to show you that you can splurge once in a while and still keep on losing I hope this helped some of you since I know a lot of us cheated this week! Don't get down on yourselves! We can do this together!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Laura!

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you had a mostly good week Barb and Michaela, but like you said, if you dont' allow the odd treat here and there you will feel deprived and overdo it, so I think kudos to you for treating yourself in moderation!

Tricia, I'm sorry to hear you had a rough week, it is hard when you are stressed. Haha whenever I had a hard day with the kids I used to go straight to Dairy Queen so I know exactly how you feel! It is hard to find other things to distract yourself from eating....I've taken on a LOT for designing in the next several weeks so at least I have that to distract me! Did you get back on track yet?

Laura, that is a great weight loss! I'm glad that you were able to still maintain your momentum despite a little slip. Its true, just because you had one un-healthy meal doesn't mean you should "throw in the towel" and ruin your whole week, you got back at it and still lost!

I've had a great week....as of this morning I'm up to 21lb lost! Yay me! I'm re-discovering my closet, its great In about 2 weeks I'm going to have to go shopping for new clothes, shucky-darn!

Post Thanks / Like

In January, like every January for the last decade, I said I'm finally going to lose those extra 30 pounds ...and here it is almost March and I'm only down four.

So I'm here to proclaim that March is my month - the month I will be really, really, really, REALLY good!

Post Thanks / Like

I felt lousy most of this month so I havent lost the weight I gained over the holidays and our trip to Hawaii, but I did start running again last week. Man my pace was pittiful, I was running at like 12 min. a mile and was running 4 miles. Well I am at 2 1/2 miles and the last two times I ran, my pace was around 15!!! Horrible, but at least I was out and exercising. I also made it to yoga 3 times so that was good. This week is going to be trying as I am having to leave tomorrow to go to Abilene, which is 11 1/2 hours away to take my dad to his brothers funeral. It is gonna be a hard trip as my dad is not in the best of health and my step mom is not really able to help much either. So, pray for me! I know I can do it, its just gonna be a hard trip! Keep up the great work ladies and it is a journey we are on, so if we mess up one day, just get back on track and don't beat yourself up. T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast