Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Alternative options to beef

I purchased turkey meatballs before. My kids love them. I bet you could alter the turkey meatloaf into meatballs and even freeze them for eating small portions at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

yum this all sounds so good. I am making tacos for dinner and was just going to use the 96% lean beef but maybe I will try the ground turkey or chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

I make tacos with ground turkey all the time. Season it up with some chili powder, cumin, onion powder, mmmmmmmmm! Yummmy!
    Kristin

Post Thanks / Like

man I want tacos for dinner now LOL

Post Thanks / Like

i personally LOVE GROUND CHICKEN...even better than ground turkey. anything i make that calls for ground beef, i use ground chicken. we also substitute ground beef with ground venison...way less fat and you can't really tell the difference in taste.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a ground turkey girl, for sure. It's regularly available at Aldi in portioned frozen 1lb tubes and inexpensive. Do note it is a dry meat, so when I brown it, I use maybe 2 tsp of EVOO for non-stickiness and to add some moisture to the meat. I put all my spices (garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, chili, cayenne, s&p) when I'm cooking it, throw in some minced garlic (giant jar at Aldi in olive oil for cheap!) and it comes out tasting perfect. It's an easy sub for ground beef, which I no longer use at all, and cuts out a lot of fat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12